Thanks mom x

redflash

My mom isn't exactly a spiritual person-tarot is weird & unhealthy, magic isn't real etc etc. She humours me when she spots the latest witchy object I have acquired or when I am hunting for a particular herb etc.

Last year, after ignoring depression that had been building for years I just about had a breakdown. I went into a horrendous black place for a while. All my tarot, crystals etc were put away. Slowly starting again, really knuckling down to studying it ! My mom wasn't pleased, she thought perhaps the cards would somehow make me depressed again.

But she must have realised I'm taking it easy & learning the use of tarot in terms of spiritual growth. Because my little boy is only 2 & a half years old, she buys mothers day presents for him to give to me.

She got me the Goddess tarot !!! Its a very beautiful deck but its even more special that my mom actually went out & bought me it, it was a big thing for her.
Do any of you use this deck? Its a very gentle looking deck, probably good for meditating with.
So for all of you whose family & friends have "issues" with your tarot etc, there is hope ! If my mom can change the way she feels about it, anyone can.

Lady Mary

This is a lovely story - and you've got a great mom!

octobersunset

Wonderful!!

Hi! That was indeed a lovely story! I have children and I wonder what their friends think of me with all my crystals, flowers and pentacles all over the place - on the other hand I accept my kids whatever and whoever they are.

Keep using the Goddess Tarot, I agree, it is a lovely deck to own and use and I often spend time just looking at them and feeling them. My best friend has just spent a lot of money on a number of 'adult' decks for her amusement only, enough to make anyone blush!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Blessings,

October Sunset xxx

redflash said:
My mom isn't exactly a spiritual person-tarot is weird & unhealthy, magic isn't real etc etc. She humours me when she spots the latest witchy object I have acquired or when I am hunting for a particular herb etc.

Last year, after ignoring depression that had been building for years I just about had a breakdown. I went into a horrendous black place for a while. All my tarot, crystals etc were put away. Slowly starting again, really knuckling down to studying it ! My mom wasn't pleased, she thought perhaps the cards would somehow make me depressed again.

But she must have realised I'm taking it easy & learning the use of tarot in terms of spiritual growth. Because my little boy is only 2 & a half years old, she buys mothers day presents for him to give to me.

She got me the Goddess tarot !!! Its a very beautiful deck but its even more special that my mom actually went out & bought me it, it was a big thing for her.
Do any of you use this deck? Its a very gentle looking deck, probably good for meditating with.
So for all of you whose family & friends have "issues" with your tarot etc, there is hope ! If my mom can change the way she feels about it, anyone can.

Logiatrix

redflash said:
...But she must have realised I'm taking it easy & learning the use of tarot in terms of spiritual growth. Because my little boy is only 2 & a half years old, she buys mothers day presents for him to give to me.

Yes, that is truly special.
There couldn't be a more wonderfully symbolic deck for a mother to give to her daughter...it's perfect!
Thank you for giving us a snapshot of your beautiful experience, redflash.
:love:

Tarotphelia

That was really sweet of her !! And I wonder if she might just might be interested in the Goddess Tarot herself eventually ?

Dwaas

That's the sweetest thing! You're mom has a gracious heart. Enjoy your new deck!
Blessings

catlin

Great

Wow, redflash, thanks for sharing this story and congrats to your mum!!!!

It is the Waldherr deck you are talking about (I am losing a bit track with all the Goddess decks sprouting)? If so, I use this one when I do readings for women with mainly Islamic background, found out, they feel much more comfortable with this deck.

memries

That is really nice Reflash I hope you have many years of enjoyment from your cherished cards. They always will be because your Mom gave them to you.

Runedancer

That is an absolutely wonderful story! I wish my mother would accept my beliefs as well.