The Book of the Law Study Group 2.39

Aeon418

This particular feast is of a character suited only to initiates.
The above quote is Crowley's one and only comment on this verse. That's it folks. We're on our own on this one. So here's my personal take on it.

In a previous verse thread I mapped the Feasts onto the Tree of Life. This particular feast was attributed to Tiphareth. In my opinion this feast is a commemoration of an individuals K&C experience. The date on which the Word (Tahuti) is received and one becomes the Child of the prophet. As such there can be no set date for this most private of feasts.

Of course if you are a member of OTO this doesn't apply. And just like all the other "feasts" it's a good excuse to eat, drink, and get high.

Grigori

That's interesting Aeon, I assumed it was some reference to Achad, or the "child of Crowley's bowels". His magical heir.

Aeon418

Grigori said:
That's interesting Aeon, I assumed it was some reference to Achad, or the "child of Crowley's bowels". His magical heir.
At one point that would probably have been Crowley's interpretation. But his views on Achad changed over time. Eventually Crowley came to see Achad as "the one", but not The Child. But even that is in doubt. In II:76 it says the One who cometh after will explain the meaning of the alphanumeric puzzle. But did Achad do this? No he did not.

Many of the verses in Liber AL seem to refer directly to Crowley and incidents in his life. But if the book is taken in that very limited sense then it loses it's wider significance to the rest of us.

See what you think of this.
http://thelemicgoldendawn.net/documents/therion.htm

Aeon418

Aeon418 said:
In II:76 it says the One who cometh after will explain the meaning of the alphanumeric puzzle. But did Achad do this? No he did not.
Although some people say otherwise. Achad is credited as the forefather of NAEQ, which some claim is the solution to II:76.

Personally I'm not convinced. In many ways NAEQ is pretty neat. But it's been around since the mid 70's and still hasn't revealed anything of great significance.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Of course if you are a member of OTO this doesn't apply. And just like all the other "feasts" it's a good excuse to eat, drink, and get high.

There you go again! :laugh: Who ever decided that OTO members need an excuse to get out of it? Just go and do it man. Unless you have a problem with wine and strange drugs?

Unfortunatly many enjoyable activities that COULD be incorporated into feasts (as celebrations of life and the mysteries of life) have been banned at official OTO functions and feasts if they are illegal in the country of the group.

As a student of Anthropology I cant recall many 'feast type' events from cultures all over the world that didnt involve eating, drinking or getting high. Unless it was some type of restrictrive, denial, suffering trip.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
There you go again! :laugh: Who ever decided that OTO members need an excuse to get out of it? Just go and do it man. Unless you have a problem with wine and strange drugs?
Steady on. You're digging a hole for yourself. ;)
II:22 ... To worship me take wine and strange drugs ...
To worship implies an intentional act towards a specific end. You seem to suggesting that any drug use qualifies as worship. "Just go and do it man"?

Are you trying say that habitual or even casual drug use is worship? If so then any drug use is worship of Hadit. And that includes alcoholics and junkies too. ;)

Just go and do it man, sounds dangerously close to do what ever you want.

ravenest

Nah, I meant both; IF that is your intention (I should have said - just get IN To IT man :laugh: ) - or will (as you rightly outline) you can just go and do it ... you dont have to have a feast to do it.

OR

If you want to get OUT of IT (avoid your difficult path of development) just go and do that - dont use a feast as an excuse to drink too much.