The Book of the Law Study Group 2.45

Grigori

Well it's pretty clear by this point that Aiwass was savaged by a dog as a child and subsequently has an irrational aversion to them ;)

I wonder why dogs get such a bad rap in the BoL? My suspicion is that it's because of the martial nature of Thelema, and Rahoorkhit. One of the animals attributed the Mars is the wolf, and I see a lot of the wolf's pack structure in the social hierarchy in Thelema. The dog by constrast is a compromised version of the wolf, subservient and always following the leadership of another and not their own path.

I take this line as another "the slaves shall serve", with a tag of "and then die in craven servitude" having given up the chance to live a self determined life.

Aeon418

God | doG

In general Liber AL uses the dog symbolism to represent those transitory, illusory aspects of self that are not God. Unfortunately we're all a bit like Narcissus, in love with our own reflections composed of mind and body. It is they who subject to death (transformation?), but there is THAT which remains.

But we all identify with the illusory dog so strongly, the thought that it might perish is not a happy one. The notion that our Tower of self may crumble fills us with fear and apprehension. But who fears la petite mort?

Love dissolves this thing called I. Fear of death is fear of Love. From this it should be obvious why the ordeals of the Angel and the Abyss are so difficult.
THE STAG-BEETLE

Death implies change and individuality if thou be
THAT which hath no person, which is beyond the
changing, even beyond changelessness, what hast
thou to do with death?
The bird of individuality is ecstasy; so also is its
death.
In love the individuality is slain; who loves not love?
Love death therefore, and long eagerly for it.
Die Daily.

Aeon418

Thank God I'm a Cat lover. :laugh: