The Book of The Law Study Group 3.22

Always Wondering

I suppose all the other images could be stand ins in general, like DuQuettes Ganesha or all those divine names. They shall cluster to exhalt seems to point more inward, if the Charioteer has control of all his sub elements.

This is verse 22, in the Third Chapter or the 167th verse overall. The 22nd path Geburah and Tephareth, corresponds to Lamed and Adjustment. Geburah's divine name, or one of them? Elohim Gibor, meaning the Mighty Gods. That might be a little bit of a stretch, but Tiphareth sure fits.

More interesting is that there are 22 Hebrew letters and 22 tarot trumps. Now there are some images, but not secret.

167 corresponds to The Unnameable One in the Sepher Sephiroth. This seems a little secretive.

I don't know about the Beast and his Bride, and maybe I don't want to. :laugh: But it has the feel that it could be implied personally rather than literally.

AW

Aeon418

Verse 22 - Tav - Atu XXI The Universe.

The other images that group around could, in a certain sense, refer to the fours Kerubs in the corners of the Universe card. But I also think there is a connection to the Planetary Hexagram.
http://dcsymbols.com/hexagon/hexagram.jpg

The "other images" may refer to the pre-existing icons of other religions. These could be attributed to the planets that cluster around the Sun. But, according to Thelema, the solar current at their heart has changed. The Law is for All. Any gods can be worshipped because behind them is THAT which is symbolised by R.H.K. in The Book of the Law - The Holy Guardian Angel. (Although a dose of "Pimp my icon" may be needed if it comes with unwanted bagagge. See AL III:50-54.)

Taken from a different angle, the "other images" may mean the images of Nuit and Hadit. But this seems a little problematic. First it says let all be worshipped, but then it tells us they are secret. This may mean that a certain level of connection may be attainable through the images, but true understanding of Nuit and Hadit requires a completely different level of consciousness. The Winners of the Ordeal X are those who have attained the K&C of HGA and have opened up to Briatic consciousness, which is beyond the Images of normal Yetzirah consciousness.

Ra-Hoor-Khuit is the visible object worship. He is a generic stand-in for the Holy Guardian Angel. The only people who need a substitute are those who do not have the real deal. Hence R.H.K. is a godform suitable for pre-Adepts to identify with. Over time as a connection with the real thing begins to manifest, this deific imagery may begin to change and become more personalised. But until then it's good enough to get you started, even if it turns out your HGA doesn't have a beak. :laugh:

Verse 167. III x 22 = 66. Tav = 400.

167 + 66 + 400 = 633.

633 = AVR(Light) spelt in full.

Aleph = 111
Vav = 12
Resh = 510

The normal gematria value of AVR is 207. The 207th verse of Liber AL is III:62.
To Me do ye reverence! to me come ye through tribulation of ordeal, which is bliss.
The intials of To Me are capitalized which suggests an identification with Nuit's, To me! To me!, in chapter I. This is appropriate when you consider that R.H.K. is the Hierophant (Vav). He is the mediator and connecting link to that which is beyond. R.H.K. symbols get you to Tiphareth. After that they change to a more Nuit/Babalon theme.

66 + 400 = NVITh - Nuit.

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Verse 22 - Tav - Atu XXI The Universe.

The other images that group around could, in a certain sense, refer to the fours Kerubs in the corners of the Universe card. But I also think there is a connection to the Planetary Hexagram.
http://dcsymbols.com/hexagon/hexagram.jpg

I can see that now. I did consider Tav but couldn't make it work for me.

Aeon418 said:
The "other images" may refer to the pre-existing icons of other religions. These could be attributed to the planets that cluster around the Sun. But, according to Thelema, the solar current at their heart has changed. The Law is for All. Any gods can be worshipped because behind them is THAT which is symbolised by R.H.K. in The Book of the Law - The Holy Guardian Angel. (Although a dose of "Pimp my icon" may be needed if it comes with unwanted bagagge. See AL III:50-54.)

I could see this. Pre-existing icons, for me anyway, are at least some type of organization. Kind of a basis of assumption. As I try to relate to the Christians around me I notice that the same words can be used, but they often have different meanings. Like you say, the solar current is the difference.

Aeon418 said:
Taken from a different angle, the "other images" may mean the images of Nuit and Hadit. But this seems a little problematic. First it says let all be worshipped, but then it tells us they are secret. This may mean that a certain level of connection may be attainable through the images, but true understanding of Nuit and Hadit requires a completely different level of consciousness. The Winners of the Ordeal X are those who have attained the K&C of HGA and have opened up to Briatic consciousness, which is beyond the Images of normal Yetzirah consciousness.

I couldn't make anything out of the secret, this is helpful. I kind of like this angle.

Aeon418 said:
Verse 167. III x 22 = 66. Tav = 400.

167 + 66 + 400 = 633.

633 = AVR(Light) spelt in full.

Aleph = 111
Vav = 12
Resh = 510

The normal gematria value of AVR is 207. The 207th verse of Liber AL is III:62.]/quote]

I'm glad you could do something with 167, it was bugging me. :laugh:

Aeon418 said:
The intials of To Me are capitalized which suggests an identification with Nuit's, To me! To me!, in chapter I. This is appropriate when you consider that R.H.K. is the Hierophant (Vav). He is the mediator and connecting link to that which is beyond. R.H.K. symbols get you to Tiphareth. After that they change to a more Nuit/Babalon theme.

66 + 400 = NVITh - Nuit.
Yes, I did get this feeling of beyond Tiphareth, that's why I thought Lamed fit some. But I read up on Geburah later and it made less sense.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I'm glad you could do something with 167, it was bugging me.
Ok I'll try another party trick. :laugh:

100 - the value of the letter Kaph spelt in full. This letter was attributed to verse 11, where it was suggested that it represented the beginning of Ordeal X.

Kaph, spelt KPh, is the initials of Kteis & Phallos. Compare them with O and X.

The union of the Circle and Cross is a form of the Rosy Cross, an emblem of Tiphareth and the K&C of HGA.

So what about the remaining 67? Well after Tiphareth the next stop is Binah.

67 = BINH.

Saturn is attributed Binah and the Universe card. And so also is the theme of Squaring the Circle.

Always Wondering

Very nice.
It is fun to begin to see movement on the Tree. For so long it was just a diagram.

AW

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
Taken from a different angle, the "other images" may mean the images of Nuit and Hadit. ...Ra-Hoor-Khuit is the visible object worship. He is a generic stand-in for the Holy Guardian Angel.

Perhaps the "they" clustering around includes RHK as one of the many, rather then the central "it". He, along with all the other visible objects of worship (idols, deities, philosophies, etc..) all cluster around and support the HGA of that individual, or are avenues to that HGA. Any objet of worship, until after Ordeal X and the aspirant sees their own HGA (perhaps themselves a stand in for Nuit and Hadit)