The Book of The Law Study Group 3.48

Aeon418

Verse 48. KVKB - Star/Khabs, the House of Hadit.

This verse seems to draw a line under the mystery of the letters. The phrase "go on to the holier place" suggests to me that the whole letter thing is an outer court or an exoteric mystery. It may also indicate a shift away from the level of the Ruach-mind to something deeper. The verse number seems to indicate this also.

III x 48 = 144, η εκλογη - The Elect.

The mention of the "holier place" instantly make me think of the symbolism of Solomon's Temple, which has occured before in chapter II. The Holy Place is the Hekhal before the Holy of Holies. The connection appears to be strengthened in the next few verses by the mention of the Fourfold word and the subsequent cleansing of the temple by R.H.K.

Grigori

I find it interesting that we are told "go on to a holier place" immediately before the verses that discuss the gods and prophets are established religions.

Aeon418

Interesting in what way?

Aeon418

I find it interesting that we are told "go on to a holier place" immediately before the verses that discuss the gods and prophets are established religions.
Ok I'll try and think of something interesting to say. :laugh:

I see the "holier place" as the spiritual source that lies behind and beyond the "gods of men". It is from this higher or deeper perspective that R.H.K. launches his attack on the established religions and their deific images.

In theory any "gods" can serve as a way or a door into the holier place, but the established vessels have been outworn, corrupted and distorted so much that they no longer serve their intended purpose. Hence the need for an R.H.K. style make-over.

Aeon418

A general observation on the structure of the verse.

There are 62 letters in this verse. This is the value of the Hebrew word, BIN - between. This suggests a link to the transition that appears in this verse.

Before the comma there are eight words.
8 = BAH, The entrance, threshold.

After the comma there are a further ten words.
10 = GBH, Elevated, exalted, high.

ChB, A hidden place, bosom.

HH, Heh - Window. (The letter attributed to Atu XVII The Star.)

The letter Yod.

Aeon418

Just a few random thoughts......
I:49 ... Ra-Hoor-Khuit hath taken his seat in the East at the Equinox of the Gods ...
III x 48 = 144. QDM, Qedem - the East. (East of Eden.)

The seat in the East may be the paths of Gimel-Daleth/Teth. This is the "holier place" that R.H.K. wishes to go on to. The remaining verses in chapter III are delivered by R.H.K. from the same seat as Atu II The Priestess. This might be one reason why there is a triple curse in verse 50. Also the seat of the Priestess is the Temple of Solomon, the place where the High Priest of Israel was meant to lay his hands upon the Ark* and utter the correct pronunciation of the tetragrammaton - the secret fourfold word.

(*There's a symbolic parallel to this in the Gnostic Mass were the Priest kneels before the Priestess and kisses her with his arms stretched along her thighs.)

The subsequent attacks by R.H.K. may be along the paths that connect the Supernal Triad to the rest of the Tree.

III x 51 = 153 is the mystic number of the 17th path - Zain/Atu VI, but it is also the number of fish the disciples of Jesus caught in John 21:11. A connection?

III x 52 = 156 is BABALON. Possibly the path of Heh. The wings, symbolic of (feminine) liberty, flapped in the face of Mohammed?

The claws may indicate the paths of Vav and Cheth. Indian and Buddhist = Chesed? Mongol and Din = Geburah?

Grigori

Interesting in what way?

LOL you did a better job than me anyway. I just thought it was an interesting conflict, between a direction to move on to a holier place and then a rejection of what that means for most people. Perhaps also defining what Thelema is by referencing what it is not, depending how you interpret the following verses.

Aeon418

LOL you did a better job than me anyway.
Maybe, maybe not. Either way it doesn't negate the value if your own insights.

Besides which I'm not totally convinced by my effort to map the R.H.K. "attacks" onto the Tree. It seems like a fudge to me. Although I've always had an idea that the Hawk symbol, with head, wings, and claws, is a pentagram. It may be possible to trace a pentagram on the Tree and map the attacks that way. But then again maybe not. :laugh:

Here's a picture.
http://littleguyintheeye.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/eagle-pentagram.jpg?w=280&h=314&h=314