The Brotherhood Tarot

Justin

Just curious, has anyone heard of this deck? It's out of California from the Radical Faeries group out there. It was a limited edition and i just recieved a deck as a gift. It's quite a remarkable deck, especially for someone looking for a gay/queer themed deck. It rememinds me of the Cosmic Tribe Tarot, but is completely gay and follows the Raider-Waite interpretations instead of the Thoth. Would love to hear any feedback anyone has!

Blessed Be,
Justin

NightWing

Gay Tarots

The creator of that deck has been on here a few times. You might want to try a search for "Brotherhood", or "Pipa Phalange"(I think I've got the nomen right), as the deck's creator is known.

The deck itself, from the scans I've seen, is an interesting one. While it won't appeal to all gays I'm sure, let alone others, there are many who will find it reflective of a certain lifestyle, and for some it will be "cutting edge". I welcome its very creation and existence, as symbolising a kind of "coming-of-age" of the gay male tarot community, and keeping Lee Bursten's "Gay Tarot" company. The two decks are of course quite different "takes" on tarot, ...as they should be. May there be others who explore this particular tarot path!