The Chariot

schwammyy

Of all the tarot cards, I just have a very hard time interrpretting this specific card. I feel like it could mean two opposing forces, but also a victory of some nature. This one in paticular I am always stumped on.

SA12

I hear ya! Hmm... to me it largely varies depending on what other cards are present and the nature of the question. In general though, I like to think of The Chariot as directed Wands energy on steroids -- all that fire power is harnessed by a single controller who has free-will to say where the energy is going to be directed (unlike the Wheel of Fortune which can feel so arbitrary!). So hypothetically in a business kinda spread, if you're the driver of the Chariot, that's a pretty envious position to be in for success, but don't be too ruthless; in relationships, it might be a passionate conquest, but also a little bit 'much,' so I'd be inclined to tell the person slow down ;) For health an upright chariot smacks of vitality; upset that cart and you might be looking at an accident or a stress-related heart attack. Spiritually speaking, I feel like this card may indicate an epiphany/journey that will encourage a change of direction -- again, all depends on the other cards there.
Try meditating a little on the imagery and go with what YOU feel -- does the driver look aggressive, rushed, calm, confident, pleased? What do you make of the sphinxes? Hope this helps :)

poivre

The Chariot to me "sometimes" means

We can see what we want for the end results.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel and we do not
know how we are going to get what we want but know
we are going to at least try. The cart will be all over the place,
maybe and maybe it will be smooth sailing.

Inner tension and our will power can help us make a move forward.
We still don't know if we will get where we want to go but
at least we are moving! :)

Knight

Aha Chariot - one of my favourite cards.

To me represents overcoming or conquering challenges and becoming spiritual over the course of time. The first thing is chariot holds a wand. He dosen't hold a sword. Signifies that he conquers by faith and hidden powers rathar than by direct head on fighting.

2 sphinxes - black white - he's constantly trying to "manage" his inner contradiction. His good and evil personalities inside himself. For he can't go to one extreme or another. This is probably the most important bit in this card. If he can control his inner emotions ie contradictions - he will be on the road to success.

The starry conopy above him signifies that his destiny is written by heavens/ god. The best way of succeeding for him would be to align his goals with universe's goal. Let go and Let God.

Not only that , but if he tries to force his own destiny over the destiny chosen by high powers than he will be forced through external circumstances to get back on the chosen destiny. Sadly he doesn't really have a choice in this.

The Star signifies his guardian angel's protection on the journey.

2 moons are hard to interpret but I would link it to High Priestess's influence. Remember this card is connected to cancer whose ruler is moon so its indirectly governed by High Priestess in a sense. Signifies he must always have faith and listen to his intution. High priestess/goddess will guide him in life but he must have faith and be willing to do as 'she says'.

Add to that, this card correlates to number 7 of numerology which has a very heavy emphasis on spirituality. Again the key thing here is he must have faith in higher powers and only then will he see long lasting success and that success most probably be of more of spiritual nature rather than material nature..

All in all I would say this card represents a spiritual journey with many challenges to be overcome (both of material and spiritual nature) before illumination would be found. But Chariot has got determination, motivation and a 'always being victorius nature' traits and this will help him overcome challenges and reach great spiritual heights over the course of time. The key is not to give up after one, two or three... failures rather learn from it and keep moving on the road and having faith in higher power is vitally important in charioteer's journey.

Some combinations:

Chariot + king of wands = Overbearing, very aggressive, dominating but also fearlessness, much courage.

Chariot + King of Cups = Inner conversion of shadow emotions into good emotions./ Emotional control.

Chariot + Tower = Very difficult challenges but can be overcome through sheer faith and will power

Chariot + Sun = Best combination = Journey towards long lasting success.

Hope it helps

God Bless

PAMUYA

"The Chariot embodies the type of discipline that is necessary to gain control over the emotions, and this is why a military symbol has been chosen for this card. The purpose of the harsh conditions of the military is to develop the will and the ability needed to control emotions and put them to productive use on the battlefield. Only through the mastery of yourself can you ever hope to achieve mastery over others and your environment. The wisdom and the glory gained through conquering one's enemies is nothing compared to the self-esteem you build through defeating your fear. Inner enemies are often tougher to defeat than outer ones, and thus teach you much more... And once you have reached that stage, anything is possible! Once you have transcended your fears you start transcending your restrictions until nothing can hold you back from the success you deserve. The Chariot's appearance is often the herald of victory through discipline and confidence, a moment where all opposition lies defeated. Great success and achievements will come to you if you master your passions and believe in the power of your will. Do not let anything distract or sway you from your goals, and proceed with the straight flight of an arrow. Nothing is beyond your ability if you believe in your own power. "

Found this in my notes, wish I could name it's source.