The Cook's Tarot

The Happy Squirrel

So I am getting to know this deck and came to the Three of Wands. The book mentioned fire, compass, oak leaf, and ship as a list of symbols to note on the card. The book says "Besides the compass there is a single oak leaf resting on the ground, half in shadow". All I can see is a green odd shaped thing sticking out above this large gold panel at the bottom of the card which houses each card's title. I suspect the artist and creator of the deck has a fully shaped oak leaf painted there and I doubt that having the majority of it covered by the title panel of the card is part of the plan.

Do you think Schiffer simply cut paintings off around the borders to fit their formatting template?

I don't know how these things go. But I has certainly interfere with my reading 'flow' at present :( it would have been nice to have a fully shaped oak leaf visible....

karen0205

I don't have this deck, can you post some pictures? I wonder if
they all came that way or if your deck wasn't cut properly, etc.

The Happy Squirrel

Nope, definitely not a card cutting issue.

Here is a photo I hope I have attached it correctly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 148

The Happy Squirrel

I am very happy with this deck, but not with whoever is responsible for setting these cards.

Schiffer?

Here is another one:

The Fool card. According to the book, there is a beagle there.

Can you spot the beagle?

Neither can I.

Yes, that is somewhat the top of its head I am guessing. Not the same as being able to actually see the beagle though is it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 129

WhiteWolfy

My deck is exactly the same, things cut off.

I do love this deck though, i find it such a fun deck to work with :)

The Happy Squirrel

Yeah I am sure everyone has the same pictures cut off along the bottom. Indeed it is a great deck. I am just disappointed that Schiffer hasn't done as good a job as they should. With them getting the size of the Gorgon's tarot wrong and now this, it is almost unprofessional.

The Happy Squirrel

So I am curious for those who have written to Schiffer in the past (eg about the Gorgon's) which contact details do you use? You can PM me if necessary :)

Tippyjane

Schiffer

I contacted Schiffer from their website "contact us" link about the inconsistent and uneven Mary-el borders. They were very helpful, even though the problem didn't get resolved even after getting a replacement deck and then replacement cards. But they did try and I appreciated their effort.