The cost of readings

poivre

I have found two people in Canada that offer Astrology Readings.
One charges $100. and the other $125.

Does this cost sound about the correct range that
an Astrologer would charge for a reading?

Thanks,
ros

isthmus nekoi

ros,

This price range sounds quite reasonable for a natal reading - for synastry or more complicated stuff, that's even better! Having said that, I would only go to an astrologer someone recommended...

dadsnook2000

What is "cost"

What is "cost." There are a lot of considerations in setting prices for a service. The Astrologer has both direct and indirect costs. Direct costs would include an hour or so of preparation (running a few charts, making notes), one to two hours for the reading and the questions and any follow-on chart readings (solar returns, progressions, synastry). Indirect costs might consist of paying for the reading space (office or part of a home), software purchases and updates, seminars and books/subscriptions, advertising.

So, your Astrologer has to also live between his readings. If he is a "full time" professional then the proceeds from all of his readings and appearances has to pay all of his expenses for the year. If he is a "part time" professional than he still has to pay for his costs plus make something for his "time" in service. What would you suggest is reasonable pay? -- $20 per hour for all his skills and insights is a bargain and three hours of time adds up to $60. Add to this his indirect expenses and it would seem that $100 is reasonable.

It isn't easy being a full time astrologer unless you have a lot of service that you can provide and support -- radio shows, seminars, presentations to social groups, psychic fairs, newspaper columns, book and magazine writing, lessons, and readings. Dave

Minderwiz

I agree with everything that Dave says, but being an economist by trade - I also recognise two other points - From your point of view is it a price that you are willing to pay and secondly could you get the same (and I mean the equivalent service) at a lower price elsewhere.

As with all things it's a balance between the perceived value you get and the sacrifice of your money. I've seen prices a lot higher but that isn't to say that you don't therefore get a lot more from the session.

Isthmus also makes a very good point - check out before you buy - are these people recommended to you, have they got some client testimonials, do you know someone who has used their services. And have they anything resembling 'professional qualifications' such as a member of AFA or NGCR. If I can quote James Holden the best recommendation for a professional astrologer comes from satisfied clients.

poivre

I have had computerized readings of my chart.
Also, I have studied a little and understand the "outline" of Astrology.

Don't know of anyone in my area but if I get recommended to someone,
I'll be willing to pay the price with all of your advice.

Thanks.