The Devil + Knight of Wands

MariaPeea

Hey All,

So, I did a relationship spread, and for the position "What their heart says" I got The Devil. This threw me a little, so I asked for a clarification and got The Knight of Wands. To me, this says he knows he's restricting himself, either from fear or something else (though my instinct says fear) and that he should be more like the KoW -open and daring and confident with himself and what he feels. To express himself and not keep everything pushed down to the scary bottoms of his self-conscience.

Any other input...? Thanks!

ofbainbridge

The Devil: Addictive attraction and lust ties them together in their hearts.
The Knight of Wands indicates...experience, ego, drive, want

This is something they want, are driven towards and are addicted to sexually.
This is not necessarily a 'bad' thing unless it blots out everything else in their lives.

starrystarrynight

I would not think this is the best pairing for a relationship. I would read it (as the younger generation says) that he wants "to hit that and bounce." In other words, he is physically attracted, is tempted to initiate a physical connection, but he also has many other similar interests he would like to follow. He has the "player" mentality at heart.

MariaPeea

Eh......wow. That's not very romantic :S And really sad. He doesn't seem like that at all. I'm getting such conflicting tarot readings for him x.x

starrystarrynight

Well, don't forget that you have to factor that combo in with the rest of the spread...and it might take on a whole different slant when you do that.

MariaPeea

True....well, in the part where it says "What his head is telling him" I got the Tower. So, I guess he knows things have to change.

Does the Devil always have to mean sexual urges? Or, does it just mean that next to the knight of wands?

starrystarrynight

No, I don't believe any card "always" means anything. And like I said, that combination brought those thoughts to my and ofbainbridge's head at the moment...but other nuances in the rest of the spread could have them saying something slightly or even very different!

MariaPeea

That makes sense. Thank you very much for your input!

Thirteen

MariaPeea said:
Does the Devil always have to mean sexual urges? Or, does it just mean that next to the knight of wands?
No, but BOTH cards mean a person who wants to follow their desires and not consider anything else as they do it. The Knight/Wands is a more rash version of this, like a teenager going into extreme sports. The Devil is more thoughtful and manipulative. Either way, his heart is telling him to go for what he desires. To not consider the bigger picture, the long-run or the fall out. His head, with the Tower, is saying, "don't go for what looks good but may be false."

I know it doesn't sound romantic, but remember that any spread you do tells you what the person is feeling at that time. Maybe he's not in the romance mood at the moment. Maybe he just want to do what he wants to do and not spend any time on the hearts, flowers and candlelight. But that doesn't mean he's going to do it. And it doesn't mean that he can't be romantic, that this is how he is always and forever.

Sometimes, we see someone we like and we want to woo them, wine and dine them, be romantic with them (as apparently, you do?). Other times, we feel selfish and lustful and want to toss them into bed and have our way with them. That doesn't mean that's the kind of person we are. It's just how we're feeling at that moment.

MariaPeea

Ohhhhhh! Thirteen, I never thought of it that way, but it makes so much sense. You ask at that moment, so it tells you for that moment. So if I'd asked an hour later maybe he'd have been like "Ahhh, but zeh flowers! And zeh candle light!"

Man you have to be really specific with tarot. So if I want, say, a general 'whats in his heart?' i actually have to specify that? Or is that not how it works? You get a snap shot or nadda?

ETA: Actually, I definitely don't mind being thrown on the bed sometimes >:) Just as long as that's not all it is.