The Empress - What is the connection between two people?

Cara

My sister feels a very strong connection to a man in her life and is convinced that there is a soulmate or karmic connection between them. So...she asked the cards "What is the connection between me and y?" She pulled the Empress.

I find this to be an earthly connection and not necessarily connected to any past life. I have never felt The Empress was a soulmate card. The connection is more of a physical and sensual one and there is potential for a lasting and loving relationship.

Would anyone like to share their thoughts on The Empress for this question?

Thank you!

tarotcognito

I`ve had the Empress card pop up to represent sexuality and also ''the other woman.'' Looks like your sister`s connection to this man is primarily physical - or maybe it`s his connection to her that is primarily physical.

Just my two cents. :)

starrystarrynight

Does he bring out the maternal instinct in her? That can be a very strong bond for a nurturer--he needs and she needs to be needed.

rachelpaul

Does he bring out the maternal instinct in her? That can be a very strong bond for a nurturer--he needs and she needs to be needed.

That was my first reaction as well. She may have some sort of maternal connection to him. What woman isn't a mother to the world at some point in her life?

poppiesrossi

To me empress can take on two meanings..

first is mother.. she is the mother of all mothers.. nurturer.. one brings forth birth to ideas and she is the queen of her realm. She is the bearer.. life giver.. muse.. she is the mother earth.

second is the sensual lover. Ruled under the venus.. this planet is lover of beauty and sensual things... empress very much relishes on the pleasures of the body but in a more sensual, earthy type of way. Sensual delights which can include food, love, and earthly delights.

As a connection.. it can go either way. I would say mother-child relationship since you asked about past-life connection.

annabellybuttonstar.

I feel that the connection is safety, nuturing and protectiveness more than that dynamic soulmate feeling but this doesn't necessarily mean that other energies (sexual and lust) are not going on around it, it's just that empress being a major arcana is the most dominant one showing up. To clarify it's meaning i would open it up with more cards and see if any of them indicate a past life link between the couple. Also if there aren't any other high physical sexual energy cards doesn't mean that they won't get it together and have a nice secure love together for a short or even long time because some people are looking for that kind of comfort in life.
As joan crawford (i think said) "Some of us are looking for a nice warm hearth to heat up the house and not something that's going to get out of control and burn it down."
I always look at the peoples nature involved in the situation and see what fits them in a message. Is she looking for something safe and nuturing for instance at this time of her life? Same for the guy too. If she is then it's a good sign. If she's looking for a wild passionate intense physical relationship and there are no cards to indicate this then obviously the Empress could come as a warning that'll the energy connection will be to settled for them and it could indicate not to go there.

Cara

Thank you for all of these great replies!

starrystarrynight, yes, I think he may bring out her maternal instinct. He is younger than she is and I suspect he feels comforted and nurtured by her.

Lokasenna, that's interesting that the Empress showed up as the other woman for you! I've seen the QPents & QWands for that one. I don't believe the Empress is showing us that, in this case, but it's good to keep that in mind.:)

It seems the general feeling is the mother, mother earth, and all of the qualities/energies she represents...that makes sense for her connection with him. Hopefully he doesn't have mommy-dependencies though! I'll find a spread that tells us more about this, so we can see if it's motherly respect/love or sensual or both.

Thanks again Lokasenna, starrystarrynight, rachelpaul, poppiesrossi, & annabellybuttonstar.

WalesWoman

The Empress as a connection:
Maybe not so much that she is seen as motherly, but as someone who will take care of him (which is sort of motherly, if she sees him as a child or childish and let's hope he's not looking for someone 'just like Mom')... or maybe she exhibits all those sterling qualities of the Empress, being above all other women, reigns supreme... or that is how he sees her.

As an indication of what connects them, it could be the seeds they have planted, the dreams of the future, perhaps their world view and values, the connection to Mother Earth and the natural world. Maybe organizations they both believe in and work with, such as Audubon Society, Sierra Club or Nature Conservancy... Things that nurture, promote and enhance the environment. (Green Peace is more Emperorish, since they are more militant and activist)

The one thing about the Empress, will she try to change him into what she sees as his potential that still needs to be developed, guided and molded (which from what I hear and have read is sort of what every woman sees in a potential mate, not so much him as who he is, but what he can become... eventually, the diamond in the rough that only she can create into a shiny precious thing to show off)

Cara

The Empress as a connection:
Maybe not so much that she is seen as motherly, but as someone who will take care of him (which is sort of motherly, if she sees him as a child or childish and let's hope he's not looking for someone 'just like Mom')... or maybe she exhibits all those sterling qualities of the Empress, being above all other women, reigns supreme... or that is how he sees her.

As an indication of what connects them, it could be the seeds they have planted, the dreams of the future, perhaps their world view and values, the connection to Mother Earth and the natural world. Maybe organizations they both believe in and work with, such as Audubon Society, Sierra Club or Nature Conservancy... Things that nurture, promote and enhance the environment. (Green Peace is more Emperorish, since they are more militant and activist)

The one thing about the Empress, will she try to change him into what she sees as his potential that still needs to be developed, guided and molded (which from what I hear and have read is sort of what every woman sees in a potential mate, not so much him as who he is, but what he can become... eventually, the diamond in the rough that only she can create into a shiny precious thing to show off)

Love this, thank you WalesWoman!