The Enchanted Tarot - A Zerner and M Farber

someones_princess

Is this deck out of print? I have a copy that I'd like to trim and edge but I am unsure if it is out of print or not, so that I can have a backup.

Thanks

AJ

there is still a lot of copies in the aftermarket.
I trimmed mine to make them easier to shuffle. I used the lines on the card back to go by.
The cardstock is stiffish so it didn't make them easier to shuffle, but I like them better trimmed.

welcome to AT!

Sassyinkpen

Have you looked at the Zerner-Farber deck? I believe it's the same deck, but re-worked slightly. One of the things they did is remove the borders. I have it and it's more like poker sized, but if you trimmed a deck, it would be smaller too.

I looked on Amazon and it seems to be out of print, too, but if you wanted to you could try to find one - then you'd have a nice "trimmed" deck and still have your Enchanted Tarot intact.

quietly

What AJ said - I did basically the same thing as you, bought a second copy to trim and kept my first as a backup. It's easy to get them for $10 or sometimes even less, and if you're trimming, a deck being used generally won't matter as much as long as there are no major creases or damage, since you'll be cutting off the main signs of wear anyway. Just be aware of the different sizes of the majors and minors!

I looked into the borderless edition, but I didn't care for the way the titles were on those, among a few other nitpicks, and I knew the deck well enough to trim the titles on mine off. The backs are nicer on the borderless, though.

What color do you plan on inking the edges with? I still haven't done mine yet; can't decide. There are so many colors in that deck to bring out.

someones_princess

there is still a lot of copies in the aftermarket.
I trimmed mine to make them easier to shuffle. I used the lines on the card back to go by.
The cardstock is stiffish so it didn't make them easier to shuffle, but I like them better trimmed.

welcome to AT!

Thank you so much! I have the set with the large paperback book - I think perhaps the same one? the one with the white backing and gold symbols. I will probably do the same and use the lines on the back too. :) Thank you for the welcome :D

someones_princess

Have you looked at the Zerner-Farber deck? I believe it's the same deck, but re-worked slightly. One of the things they did is remove the borders. I have it and it's more like poker sized, but if you trimmed a deck, it would be smaller too.

I looked on Amazon and it seems to be out of print, too, but if you wanted to you could try to find one - then you'd have a nice "trimmed" deck and still have your Enchanted Tarot intact.

Ooh thank you! I shall look it up, much appreciated! The set i have has more borders than card, but the cardstock is amazing!

someones_princess

What AJ said - I did basically the same thing as you, bought a second copy to trim and kept my first as a backup. It's easy to get them for $10 or sometimes even less, and if you're trimming, a deck being used generally won't matter as much as long as there are no major creases or damage, since you'll be cutting off the main signs of wear anyway. Just be aware of the different sizes of the majors and minors!

I looked into the borderless edition, but I didn't care for the way the titles were on those, among a few other nitpicks, and I knew the deck well enough to trim the titles on mine off. The backs are nicer on the borderless, though.

What color do you plan on inking the edges with? I still haven't done mine yet; can't decide. There are so many colors in that deck to bring out.

I definitely think this is the way to do it, find a second and trim the first. I suppose i should have mentioned i have the one in the large box, with a large paperback book and white backing with gold symbols, they seem to have more border than card. I'd also perhaps use nail polish on the cards and gild them a bit, glitter them up!
Ooh the sides would probably end up a lovely purple, silver or gold, depends on how well the backs turn out. Gold would be more likely as the back is gold as well.

Luna's Crone

mine was huge, that is the reason i trimmed it, couldn't shuffle it.