the fool as as a situation

kaypeace

Hi I'm confused about how the fool can be interpreted as a situation in the celtic cross spread. Also what his influence would be in the situation any help??

starrystarrynight

If you are talking about the first position in a Celtic Cross spread (Present Situation), the Fool could be saying that currently, someone is acting foolishly or is totally naive and innocent about the issue being asked about. Or, it could be saying that the seeker needs to take that first (real) step to begin his journey in whatever activity he is asking about. The Fool could be warning the seeker to watch his step in whatever area the question covers or that the biggest issue he faces is the need to keep an open mind about things.

MermaidFeet

Yes, if you relay the position I can give very good insights from this book I have that has all if the majors through all of the positions of the CC.

WalesWoman

As the situation, the Fool could represent a departure from from pretty much everything previously known, leaving the comfort zone, striking out into the unknown without thought or regard to consequenses... it is embarking on some new journey, following a dream, an impulse.
Possibly foolish, filled with optimism and lack of fear but mainly ignorant, due to lack of experience, lack of knowledge, lack of baggage.

So the Fool as a situation could be trying something new and unknown, not letting the fact that you know nothing about it or have no expertise in stop you from trying... it could be anything from trying out a new recipe in a cookbook, deciding to enroll in classes or selling off your stuff and moving across town or across the country, backpacking across Europe...

kaypeace

Yes, if you relay the position I can give very good insights from this book I have that has all if the majors through all of the positions of the CC.

Thanks for answering Yep the first position was what I was having difficulty with. Whats the book?? Sounds like one I need to own :)))

tarotcognito

It could also represent an opportunity, a new situation.

phrygian

The Fool can represent beginnings, fresh starts, unexpected opportunity, new adventure and fearlessness.

Looking closely visually at the card in a typical RW-CS deck the Fool is packed and embarking down a path totally unafraid and or oblivious of the potential perils that lie ahead.