The Fool

aquanesha

I was reading the interpretations of the Fool in Tarot Plain and Simple and saw that it could mean a homosexual or bisexual person. I wondered is there anyone out there that could explain how he might have got this?

Thanks in advance.
aquanesha

firecatpickles

Read my response here to full deck etal, from our Minchiate Study Group.

I feel the Fool can be a gay mascot of sorts.

K:spade:K

BrightEye

yes, i've come across the fool in readings that had to do with gay relationships. for me it's not so much a person but the potential for a gay relationship, sth someone might consider but hasn't taken action yet or hasn't come out yet, ie hasn't stepped over the cliff yet.

Kirali

I found this thread while looking up the possibility of reading the Fool as gay. The Fool popped up for my reading for the month of June and the big event for the month of June for me is the Pride Parade. I just thought it interesting as I interpreted the Fool to represent the event.

Cactus

I've never read a description like that but if that possibility pops into your head when you get the Fool in a reading, then go with it!

BrightEye

The RWS Fool looks as if s/he is of indeterminate gender, and I think that's intended. It would fit the context of the discussion well.

balenciaga

Okay, well that explains why 2 kings showed up with the fool and the justice card in my a.m. cc, but I have no idea who tarot is talking about:surprise: