The Glanconer

redflash

Only been using the FO a few days, still a little unsure of it. So... The Glanconer....

I've just sort of been playing with the cards a little as I'm doing loads of extra shifts at work & my little boy has been poorly so I haven't had much time with them yet. A couple of days ago I just pulled a random "what do I need to think about today" card. Up comes The Glanconer. Late last night I pulled 3 cards- what I need to know / what I need to do / what I need to remember.

The "what I need to do" card was The Glanconer. * sigh *
Not really one you want to see is it ? There are three things that this card could be about but I think I know which one it is.

Just wondering what have been your experiences with this one ?

Simone

here is the study group thread about the Glanconer (have a look at the Index for all the threads...)

Hope this helps :)

Jewel

Greetings Redflash,

Perhaps the Glanconer is showing up in your "what I need to do" as an alert (or warning) to not fall into false illusions or temptation. That they are there, perhaps you are dancing on the line and could go either way. By his mere presence I would just keep my eyes open.

I do not mean this to seem ominous. The Glanconer is what he is, not good or bad. All the faeries are that way. We cannot hold them to our human standards. He can be a lot of fun, but he is about illusion. As long as you keep that in mind, and take him for what he is he cannot hurt you.

If you have a chance, and I know you are very busy, when you get time do the exercise of the "Favorite card" (using him as a favorite card) and then do the exercise using him as your "Least Favorite Card". That might give you additional insight into him. I actually like him, he has that edge of danger and sensuality ... illusion and temptation.

Have fun with all of the faeries in this deck, they all have something meaningful to share.

redflash

I drew 3 random cards yesterday & he was there again, so that's 3 times in 3 days. But he didn't appear in todays draw. I'm pretty certain what/who he is referring to.

I'm going to try that excercise with him, that sounds like a very good idea !

x

Jewel

I would love to hear about your new impressions once you do the exercises.

Alissa

The Glanconer is the blank screen that we project our fantasies/illusions upon. He is That which we *wish* to See in the situation at hand, or the person you're interacting with, or in yourself. In any case, there is a projection, and there is reality. The Glanconer is the screen which the illusion is projected upon; the ultimate shape shifter, who accepts our definitions as we feed them to him and conforms to our expectations.

If Tarot metaphors are more accessible, consider the 7 of cups card. The Glanconer's energy is very similar.

Jewel

Alissa that was masterfully put. That is him in a nut shell!

redflash

Yes, very beautifully put ! He appeared in my cards again last night. I'm going to do the exercises tonight hopefully ! xx