The Hanged Man

Virgo26

I was in the King of cups phase in my daily readings and now it seems I've entered the realm of the Hanged Man. It may show up at various times as the shadow card, as something I "should do", or as an event. What might it be saying aside from hang in there or be patient?

Sulis

A couple of ideas:

• Be prepared to make some sacrifices.
  • Take yourself out of the situation for now.
  • Look at it differently, from a different perspective or a different point of view.
  • Now is not the best time to act or to take an active part..
  • Meditate..

Amanda

Sulis gave you some good stuff.
When I have witnessed this card as advice it has sometimes come across to me as non-confrontational disobedience. So, if someone is trying to force you to abide by their rules or pressuring you to behave in some way that you don't think is right, disobey; do so in a way that is not threatening to them and which makes it hard for them to argue with.

G6

When I have witnessed this card as advice it has sometimes come across to me as non-confrontational disobedience. So, if someone is trying to force you to abide by their rules or pressuring you to behave in some way that you don't think is right, disobey; do so in a way that is not threatening to them and which makes it hard for them to argue with.

This is awesome, Amanda, thanks for that perspective! It now gives me a stick to your guns and/or hold out meaning that I didn't have before! :)

Amanda

This is awesome, Amanda, thanks for that perspective! It now gives me a stick to your guns and/or hold out meaning that I didn't have before! :)

Glad to help! I can't remember how exactly that meaning sprang to mind one day... I must have been reading about Ghandi or something. :D

Virgo26

• Be prepared to make some sacrifices.
  • Take yourself out of the situation for now.
  • Look at it differently, from a different perspective or a different point of view.
  • Now is not the best time to act or to take an active part..
  • Meditate..

Thanks, Sulis! I guess in some respects the hanged man can take a diplomatic approach. Not forcing anything but reorienting themselves before saying/doing. Or sometimes you have no choice but not do anything... This card came up for me again yesterday and the meeting I went to was about getting each other's perspectives on something, and a little bit of not taking an active part because saying anything would just inflame matters!

Virgo26

Interesting take Amanda. On the RWS, I can see the hanged man like this youth who knows he's hanging upside down (contrary to the norm) but doesn't say anything (with the halo giving off this aura of - I'm not doing anything wrong! Hehe).