The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck companion book.

Japann

I was after a bit of advice. I am a complete novice and am waiting for my very first set of tarot cards to come through the post. I decided on the Hanson-Roberts tarot deck.

Whilst browsing on Amazon I found a book that goes with the cards. In your opinion is this book worth buying or will the little book that comes with the cards be enough?

I was going to buy a beginners guide to the tarot as well although I am undecided on which one.

I am just a bit confused on which sort of books I am going to need.

Many thanks

Tina

jmd

I don't actually own the book, but am certain, from having a reasonable collection of books on tarot, that this one is no exception, and that it will far surpass the relatively useless booklet included with the deck.

My first suggestion, however, is to look CAREFULLY at the cards (individually and in sets), and make notes about how what you observe, how it makes you feel, where your thoughts head, and what types of situations may be represented therein.

Grizabella

It's a much better book than the LWB, so I recommend that you get it. It's quite basic, but for a beginner, it's a good way to start familiarizing yourself with the cards and the imagery.

Michelle

Solitaire* said:
It's a much better book than the LWB, so I recommend that you get it. It's quite basic, but for a beginner, it's a good way to start familiarizing yourself with the cards and the imagery.

I totally agree :).

Love the deck and the book.

Japann

Thank you for all your replies. I will go and order it now!

6 Haunted Days

I'm not sure if you're talking about Tarot Unveiled: The Method to Its Magic by Laura A. Clarson which uses and talks about the Hanson-Roberts or not.

I just wanted to add I was disappointed in this book. The definitions and descriptions of the Pentacles are all about work, career and finances, and that's IT. Nothing about the deep spiritual or family aspects of this suit. Because of that it's hard to like the whole book. Also the main focus seems to be reading for others.....as in everything talks about what to say to your client.

shadowdancer

This deck comes as a Tarot to Go set, which includes a small book.

The book that comes with this set is quite good and useful for beginners - easy to follow and not too heavy. However, I cannot comment on any other books that are taylored for use with this particular deck having never used them.

You may find the cards themselves are easy to read whereby you don't need to use any book that often. One of the positve aspects of this pleasant little deck.

Davina