The Heraldic Lenormand.

Espirito

Very beatifull.

Padma

Those are really nice! Thanks for sharing :) They have a very elegant simplicity. Too bad my deck budget is already blown for the month :p

Penthasilia

They kinda remind me of the Flonz lenormand that Baylys is working on- but I like hers more since the imagery seems more elegant and simplistic.

That will be my next, and probably last, lenormand purchase. :)

magpie9

Oo...very nice indeed. Maybe next month.

Le Fanu

Very nice but oh dear oh dear *wince* think how much more beautiful it would be without the gothick lettering!

I think I could tell the difference between a man and a scythe.

Are we really dumb? The originals never had titles like that. It's actually like I have said before; we are actually quite an illiterate society when it comes to symbols. People really seem to need words.

SixDegrees

Are we really dumb? The originals never had titles like that. It's actually like I have said before; we are actually quite an illiterate society when it comes to symbols. People really seem to need words.

Actually, with this deck, I think it's helpful to have the titles (although I agree with you in the sense that they are too present). The "Crossroads" card looks like the Cross to me, and the tree is certainly more noticeable than the serpent on the Snake card. It's a pretty deck, but symbolic complications like these will keep me from buying it.

Astraea

The "Crossroads" card looks like the Cross to me, and the tree is certainly more noticeable than the serpent on the Snake card. It's a pretty deck, but symbolic complications like these will keep me from buying it.
That is my take on it, too. The Dog appears to be going after a squirrel he chased up the tree, so that his stalwart stability and faithfulness are not emphasized; The Man is half sea creature, complete with a tail and trident, while The Fish are formally arranged and - like The Man - literally out of their element. The heart is pierced and the surrounding flames make it seem forbidding and dangerous. The deck is beautifully rendered, but its heraldic components don't speak to me in the clear, direct way that I appreciate about the Lenormand tradition.

MoonGypsy

At first glance, i was hopeful...but when i looked at individual images, i quickly realized there are several cards i don't much like...so i will pass. [Especially don't care for the Dog and the Serpent].