the jdev shuffle

How would you rate the efficacy of this method?

• More Awesome Than Pee Wee Herman in Drag

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Seeing Les Miserables, but with an awful Eponine

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Errr... Waiter, There's a Hair in My Food

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jdev

Om Namah Sivaya!

Inspiration just struck! Now, this seems so obvious to me that I wouldn't be surprised if it were already a game or a method of reading by distance.

the jdev shuffle

This is for doing three card distance readings. You may apply any of your favorite three card spreads to this, but the jdev shuffle reads the cards as a whole, not in any order, or any assigned position. What you will do is ask your querent to pick three numbers between one and seventy-eight while thinking of their question.

You will already have shuffled and reversed (or not) your chosen deck very well. When your querent gets back to you with their three chosen numbers, you will cut the deck one final time, put it back together, and then count the cards according to their chosen numbers. I think this is obvious, but I will give an example.

Say that Ivana Mann wants a reading and you tell her to concentrate on her question and pick three numbers between one and seventy-eight. She chooses 37, 16, and 8. Now, I think it is important to lay down the cards in the order she gives you her numbers. So, count from the top of your deck to the 37th card and lay it down. Start back from the top and count to the 16th card and lay it down. Start again at the top and count to the eighth card and lay it down. Then read for Ivana.

I think this will be a really great time for you and an exercise in intuition and the querent's intent. I'm going over to the testing grounds to try it out. I hope you like it and if you try it out let me know how it works. Doing a distance reading this way will make your querent feel more involved; it will make them an active participant, not just a "sitter". :)

Note - it just occurred to me that this is a three card reading. If your querent chooses number seventy-five through seventy-eight, you will have to lay that card out first. You can't take away any cards and be left with the whole deck. I know you all know that, but I'm the one that's slow.

Amanda

Why not put the cards you've counted and put aside to get to the first number at the bottom of the deck and start counting for the second number from the place you take the first card from? And then repeat the cycle the third time around?

jdev

That's the Amanda_04 Shuffle. The jdev shuffle dictates otherwise. :p

I am just an instrument. The horn has been tooted. So sayeth Jagadeesh.

edited to add: Your method would allow for a full count up to 78 without having to lay those last three high numbers out first. But I feel strongly that this is the way it should be.

edited again to add: I'm not putting any cards aside. I count them into my right hand from the left then just put them back on top. Make sense? Kind of like when you're counting cash?

Amanda_04 said:
Why not put the cards you've counted and put aside to get to the first number at the bottom of the deck and start counting for the second number from the place you take the first card from? And then repeat the cycle the third time around?

Amanda

:laugh:

ETA: Yeah, I weigh heavily on efficiency for the reader when it comes to stuff like this. ;) But being a Virgo, I suspect complicated is your natural style, and you should always stick with what feels natural. :p :D :)

Laura Borealis

Mekka lekka hi mekka hiney ho!

I will vote in the poll after my reading. :D

jdev

See, if we put them on the bottom, as in rotating them, then they truly aren't getting the card they asked for. Now, with pure intent and all, we know that the Universe will get the right card out no matter what, but analytically, if I put three cards on the bottom after having picked card four, what were cards one, two, and three have now become 75, 76, and 77. That makes me uneasy.

Amanda_04 said:

ETA: Yeah, I weigh heavily on efficiency for the reader when it comes to stuff like this. ;) But being a Virgo, I suspect complicated is your natural style, and you should always stick with what feels natural. :p :D :)

DownwardSpiral

Amanda_04 said:

LMAO haha I'm a Virgo and I like your idea better : ) What if ya lose your concentration and have to start all over???? Better yet why not just start from 1 and as you get to the 3 chosen numbers set them in front of you in the correct order?

Even better stick to the Majors......then you only have to count out 22 cards : )

KMilliron

I'd ask the reader to choose ONE number between one and twenty six. I would make three piles of twenty six cards, and then count down from pile one for card one, pile two for card two, etc. <--Tis the KM Shuffle.

DownwardSpiral

KMilliron said:
I'd ask the reader to choose ONE number between one and twenty six. I would make three piles of twenty six cards, and then count down from pile one for card one, pile two for card two, etc. <--Tis the KM Shuffle.

AHAHA I was gonna suggest the KM Shuffle : )