The journey unfolds

EoMg

Hi folks,

I'm beginning to feel some traction learning tarot! I'm beginning to pick up a sense of the flow of the energy of reading the cards, particularly by studying the readings posted here and then doing my own, and having some successes!

For example, a reading I did before a session with a bodywork client resulted in a drastic reduction in her pain that we weren't able to achieve the week before. And a second reading on the investment issue I posted about clearly outlined some energies at the root of the problem.

I've begun to use the RW and Cosmic Tribe decks together... having two different images and sets of interpretations for each card can be helpful. Last night I combined them with some angel oracles and really enjoyed the result.

Also realized that I have a deck in me! Two actually... I have personal angel and demon oracles that I made years ago, and last winter solstice I felt inspired thinking about turning them into a useful tool for other people, but could not see a way forward. It seems much more doable and exciting now, having observed some other member's deck creation threads, processes, etc.

Slowly I'm learning my way around these forums, making some mistakes, learning from them, moving forward. I just bought a subscription to check out what that's like. BTW, if I happen to do something here you don't like just please let me know and we'll work it out :)

Oh, and I'm very excited that my best friend is delving into this too, with his new Thoth deck. When we met up to talk recently, I told him about a thread here about folks who don't have anyone actively interested in tarot to hang out with in person, and how grateful I am to have him to talk tarot with. If you are feeling solo and don't like it, I definitely recommend seeking out some real life community. Thankfully AT already has us covered for online community!

Ok that's my update for now. Thanks for reading, thanks for being here, and I look forward to interacting in the future.

nisaba

EoMg said:
I'm beginning to feel some traction learning tarot! I'm beginning to pick up a sense of the flow of the energy of reading the cards, particularly by studying the readings posted here and then doing my own, and having some successes!
Excellent!

Slowly I'm learning my way around these forums, making some mistakes, learning from them, moving forward. I just bought a subscription to check out what that's like. BTW, if I happen to do something here you don't like just please let me know and we'll work it out :)
Good, good.

Oh, and I'm very excited that my best friend is delving into this too, with his new Thoth deck. When we met up to talk recently, I told him about a thread here about folks who don't have anyone actively interested in tarot to hang out with in person, and how grateful I am to have him to talk tarot with.
A sense of community is a wonderful thing to have. Glad you appreciate it as much as I do.

Alta

I agree that having others, online and in person, to work with will be a huge kickstart for tarot. I did it alone for a long time but first finding ATF and then folks here in real life, has made all the difference to me.

Also I agree about enjoying a couple of different decks. I can say that I benefited at least a bit from every tarot deck that i either had or got to see someone else's copy. It is wonderful to see the imagery shape and flow in your mind.

Glad this is working for you!

Alta