the jungian tarot strength card

HOLMES

"the daughter as collector of experience
she gathers life experience and applies the lessons of mother and father"

as lovers shows the son experiencing life so to does it show the daughter experiencing life. "she is the consort of orginal man represented in the upper right background, together they will produce another son within the confines of manifestation"
thus the pattern is repeated over and over.

i think it is important that while we think of father/mother/son, we can not forget emphasis on the mother/daughter/father. especially in the reality of today world.

"psychologically, this means that the integration(the balance of opposites)take place simultaneously at many levels of the consciousness. the encounter of consciousness and subsconsciousness happens again and again, becoming ever more subtle until the "consciousness" is return to the natural state of the union symbolized by the fool."

these two triangles of father/mother/son and mother/father/daughter from a perfect square if they are perfect right angels traingles. it is not important that this relationship not be explored only in the outer world but also the inner world.
our male side is determined by the father/mother/son relationship and the female side is dictated by the mother/father/daughter relationship.
since the two respective halves of these two traingles *father and son, and mother and daughter* they are the straight line,
and it is the opposite energy of mother for the male side, and the father for the female side that completes the traingles.

this occurs for us subconsciously, consciously, and super consciously as we deal with these aspects in the integration of ourselves. as this becomes more subtle for we do not realize it is happening , it is a return to the state which we can communicate with the source for we are no longer concerned with the male or the female side as we are aware of both sides and they are harmonized.
instead we are natural , whole once again.

the fact that she holds her hand on leo is a representative of her ability to control her sexual currents "innocence holding enormous sexual power under control is an appropiate meaning for this card"

with men depictate fighting their male lions , they are fighting to repress their sexual powers and power to fit society standards.
with woman gently controling the lion , they have controlled their seual appetites with understanding their nature.

"she is the whore of babylon, the obverse of this card, little understood, and enver actually shown in a tarot card is seuxally unbridled, violent, brutal , even dangerious. iindeed interaction with this archetype may be traumatic for some, because it requires a willingness to accept the psychological reality that brutality and barbarism always lurk beneath the most innocent human facade. deeply embedded christian faith may make it very difficult, or even impossible, for some readers to consider a dark opposite side to the virgin mary. "

this is a strong judgment of a female nature, that is truly unjustified. for the ocmment that brutlaity and barbarism lurks beneath the most innocent facade is true of both male and female individuals of sex, and inner selfs.

why is she the whore of babylon ? in my past life i was a prostitute and so i hold no judgment about that , for they were just trying to live witin their situation, and use what assets they had to live.
yet in the toth tarot , strength is changed to lust and so if the she is being the whore of babylon due to lust then that is another matter, but for trying to survive within society is a judgement by those who have never lived their lives.
to judge, and not offer aid is not spiritual, but seperation of ego.

"woman, in every case (whether approached as mother, grandmother, or daughter) relates to the underworld, as is suggested here by the stairs heading downward and by the cave at the feet of the emperess. this may lead to some very dark, undifferentiated, aspects of both the personal and the collective unconscious"

woman by having a connection to the mother earth may be able to relate to the unerworld as stated yet ..
if males could get touch with their female selves and embrace them, they too could related to the underworld. and the female could relate to the upper world by connecting to the male self.

HOLMES

the daughter /strength mediation
looking at the cards

she is putting her hand on the lion head who is standing in front of her,
i sense the lion to me represents a guardian, that when the woman needs it, the lion will act for the lion is under her control
it is her hand on heart that gives her control over the lion, her soul seat which is our connection to our soul and why we are here.

the crescent moon on the fauna at her feet reminds me that the strenght is but one quarter of our overall strength, and there is still much to be discovered.
it is also a message that strength is like the waning of the moon, we must know when to use it , or we will burn ourselves out.

there in the ground is stairs, to our subsconscios ?
i see it as an very much used portal to the underworld of our pysche, the stairs reveal much about our fears do we explore or do we gate it up never to venture forth ?

the other gateway is to our shadow self, which is lighted by three wands upon fire. there must be some treasure or why would we go in there..
perhaps we sleep in there at night .

and on the wall that makes up the cavern is a man who is holding his hands out , this man is the devil , yet he hasnt' taken the devil form, i think strenght reveals the devil true form before he was taken to stagantation.

"know thyself and you will know the world, and the universe.
project me outwards and you will express me ,,
hold me in and you diminish yourself.
i know the answers to how can we move foward..
all needs to be done is to harness me