The jungian tarot wheel of fortune.

HOLMES

The mother who determines experience.

the first paragraph talks about how jupiter being a broadly benvolent planet has caused the wheel of fortune to mean good fortune and chance.

robert wang expands that with the description "however in the jungian tarot, the emphais on good fortune has been expanded to suggest a wide range of experience." which shows that using jungian concepts one can get more deeply into the wheel of fortune.

"a female figure is shown behind a wheel to which a youthful male human figure attached, this represents one of the most significant contributions of jungian psychology"

i can only think of the three fates in regard to the thread gather, the thread measure, and the thread cutter, or clothos, laceisis, atropos. (may have spelling mistakes).

"it shows the mother who determines the experience of the son"

i can only think of that old line, the son marries a girl like the mother and the daughter does the same for her husband. oohh what a thought.

"in other words, as conscious and unconscious move together,towards the formation of something new(self-awareness the son), consciousness acts on the experiences generated by the unconsciouss."

this means to me that mother archtype influence is still in our subconscious and that comes out when we least expect , and realize at such times we were not coming from our conscious selves but what our parents used to say to us. "i am acting like my mom i never thought i would, or my dad "

"the measure of all things" was the concept of the reniassance man who is shown in the card as leonardo drawing in the middle of the wheel.

"the wheel is divided up into 12 sections suggesting each of the signs of the zodiac as a discrete and different form of life experience"

which could be true, for if we go by the theory of recairnation, and past lives, we have all been differnt signs of the zodiac and more so have more then just our sun sign influencing us.
i think this hints for my understanding that some of the astrology chart we have are wild cards thrown in to have some excitement after we have decided what we wanted to do in this life.

"the principal is that the mother determines the trails,pains, and pleasures of the son by turning the circle, which in jungian psychology means the self."

perhaps this indicates as to how parental influence when we are growing up is so important. more so , by understanding our own mother, for this card, we begin to understand our selves.
this is shown in multiple movies like freaky friday for example, the first one and the remake.
in that movie is daughter and mother. however.
one would have to see a switch between mother and son in order to fully incorpate this ideal.

"twelve eyes around the circumference, refers to the vision of ezekial and thus relates the wheel of fortune to the chariot"

i don't know about ezekial, but it is clear from this statement that the all present father and the mother who determines the experince are related.

"for many conversaion with the mother who is in control may recall difficult and painful experiences- huanting and unresolved vestigies of childhood that this figure will help resolve.

the wheel of fortune would therefore help us understand our mother who determines our experiences, and forgive her by recalling difficult experiences that still affect us today.
the wheel of fortune may help us to understand as well by saying to us it could of gone worse, or better but that time is past now.