The Knight of Swords, besides the obvious.

jenster

It's one of those cards that I can only ever get the literal meaning of, if that.

He's come in the future position for me a few times, in a general romantic reading. So I guess it could be a man. But aside the characteristics we all know he possesses have you come up with intuitions of your own via experience you could share?

It is puzzling to me because even when it is a person it never seems to describe the person it's supposed to be. I mean when he's come up as someone specific it's never been really like them at all.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help in advance.

aliceinwonderland

I had him to describe an emotionally immature air sign guy (aquarius, gemini) they appear get what they want and leave (early/mid thirties)

Definitely no relationship material. Good to have a casual night and lots of witty conversation with a happy ending, if you get me. They in it for their own agenda. I see this knight as selfish.

jenster

I had him to describe an emotionally immature air sign guy (aquarius, gemini) they appear get what they want and leave (early/mid thirties)

Definitely no relationship material. Good to have a casual night and lots of witty conversation with a happy ending, if you get me. They in it for their own agenda. I see this knight as selfish.

Yes, me too. But that is the standard reading of this Knight isn't it? I think he doesn't come up like that in my readings. It's been a while now (for myself and for others) when reading when he seems to signify something more/different than his literal meaning.

mehamil85

Knights

I never really had the Knight of Swords be a person. It was always an event that was going seem like it was coming out of left field, unexpected. As a person, I'd see them as talkitive and jumpy and moving quickly. Too quickly.

Sulis

What's 'the obvious' to you jenster? You've said 'the characteristics we all know he possesses' but you haven't said what you see those qualities as so what you're thinking may be completely different to how someone else may see him.

Maybe he's not even a person. I very rarely see the court cards as actual people because most of my readings are focused on the querant.. He could be depicting a fast changing situation or the querant may need to adopt some swords-like qualities to get through whatever you're reading about... Think instead of letting your / her heart rule things if it's a romantic situation.. Be logical, use your brain, talk things through. This guy is a great talker, he's idealistic and he doesn't beat around the bush, he says what he thinks, sometimes he's too blunt and not tactful enough.. Maybe you need to debate with the other person in the relationship or with yourself, lay your cards on the table, listen to what they have to say - communicate.

SwordOfTruth

It is puzzling to me because even when it is a person it never seems to describe the person it's supposed to be. I mean when he's come up as someone specific it's never been really like them at all.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help in advance.

Is that because he's always described as someone who is tactless and thoughtless? To me this is a really big misconception about the swords suit. My undersanding of the Knight Of Swords is thus...

Adept - he's skilled at perceiving, and that doeznt necessarily mean he will voice his pereceptions though. Introverts often appear as the Knight Of Swords because they observe keenly and keep their observations hidden. This fits with the idea of being a researcher, information gatherer and forming sharp opinions on situations or people. He can also deliver his perceptions with great influence and accuracy but lacks the social nous to deliver it with perfect timing. So another aspect of this knight is unwelcome news. It might be the right message but the timing isnt great or the mode of delivery less than ideal. Remember he's not a monarch and so the more subtle aspects of using the mind are still beyond his grasp.

He's fast. This Knight is often depicted on a charging horse and he has a similar speed about him as the Knight Of Wands. This can be seen as being quick witted, you will often see this Knight able to make poignant quips off the cuff, or learn new things much faster than others do. Grasping conceots comes easy to him.

The other talent of this Knight is his efficiency, you'll see this is as general good organisation, able to arrange tasks in the most effective manner or simply be ale to find the shortest route between two points. If there's bullshit to be navigated he wont hesitate to cut through it. His emerging talent is strategy and focus.

Hope that Helps.