The Lovers and the Hierophant (Quint card and clarifier)

werewolfmoon

Tarot of the Old Path
General Day spread
Five card Spread

Apologies if this is a bit garbled, I'm very tired due to neighbours having a loud party and the dog going ballistic due to the noise *sigh*

The spread outcome was all cups, which was a bit surprising. The Lovers (which has been haunting me just lately) is the Quint card for the reading, clarified by the High Priest (Hierophant)

I see the Lovers as more about choices than actual romance, from what I've read in various places the interpretation seems to be that it could indicate marriage! I'm tending to see it as choices and keeping my own council regarding those choices.

Thoughts??

Sulis

How are you clarifying a quintessential card? That's an extra card that just gives the general essence, feel or theme to a spread..
I don't think clarifiers actually clarify at the best of times but I'm really confused as to how you've got a clarifier for a card that's meant to be an add on that gives you some general thoughts on the spread and so is, in fact a clarifier itself (of the whole thing)..

Sulis

If you have a spread full of Cups and your quintessential card is The Lovers, I'd say the spread's theme is relationships and love and making choices that involve the emotions and are lead by the heart rather than by the head.

werewolfmoon

If you have a spread full of Cups and your quintessential card is The Lovers, I'd say the spread's theme is relationships and love and making choices that involve the emotions and are lead by the heart rather than by the head.

Yes, that makes sense I suppose. I really shouldn't read the cards on 3 hours sleep ;-)