The Moon as "what is hidden"

divinest

Now, I've always understood that the moon is to do with mysteries, and being unable to see things clearly, which makes me wonder, in this postion about two possible meanings:

a) that there isn't anything hidden, as what is being hidden is "mysteries" as it were, so things are all clear

or

b) that there are things hidden, but that now is not the right time for me to see these hidden things.

What would other people think? I'd post this in "My Readings", along with the other cards, but that card is the only card in the spread that doesn't make as much sense to me. :)

Hannafate

The Moon can mean that something is clearly understood by your subconscious, but may never be clear to your conscious mind. If that is the case, the message from the Moon is to trust yourself. If you feel strongly about a thing, but can not express logically why you feel that way, it may be something to leave up to the Moon. Just believe that you DO understand, even if the rational "language" part of your mind can't explain.

Thirteen

divinest said:
What would other people think? I'd post this in "My Readings", along with the other cards, but that card is the only card in the spread that doesn't make as much sense to me.
What was the reading about? It helps to know as there is a difference if the reading is about Romance as compared to a New Job.

SunChariot

Just to confuse things, LOL, I've never used the Moon card to mean something hidden or mysterious. My general meaning for the Moon card is that it is my card of romance (full moon=romance). I must have read that somewhere when I was starting out and the idea stuck. So for me when the Moon card comes up it says something romantic is going to happen, or someone has romantic feelings for the querent...or something along those lines....It works well for me for that.

Although that is just the basic starting point. I read mostly by analysing the card imagery.

Babs

lark

The moon in that position might mean "secrets that are about to be revealed."

For me over time the Moon card has come to mean "unset jello" yup, this big wabbly bowl of not quite set lemon jello....meaning that the answer can't be revealed yet because all the elements are not quite in place and ready for them to be.

Niklas Zweig

Hello divinest,

I recently re-read the 12. labour of Heracles (to capture Cerberus) and I think the card reflects a lot that is in that myth. So, in the light (sic!) of this, I'd say it's both a) and b). At once.

Greetings
Niklas

nisaba

What was the reading about - what was the question or the situation? With a one-card reading, you'd want to have a pretty definite thing in mind, because there are no relationships between the cards to tell you a story and spell out what it is about.

divinest

Sorry about not replying, I realised how late it was, and that I had a nine o'clock lecture, that's just finished.

This is the spread, it is a general spread, from my point of view, a bit like the Celtic Cross, I suppose, but called the Wings of the Phoenix Spread:

________________1__________________
__11__10________2__________13__14__
_________9______3________12________
_____________5_____6_______________
________________4__________________
_____________7_____8_______________

Head and beak:
1) How you are feeling right now
2) What is blocking you

Body:
3) North/Earth/Financial World
4) South/Fire/Creative World
5) West/Water/Spiritual World
6) East/Air/Intellectual World

Tail:
7) What you need to let go of
8) Karma

Left Wing:
9) Your Past
10) Your Present
11) Your Future

Right Wing:
12) What is hidden
13) Summary
14) Guidance

I have NO idea where I found this, it's written up by hand in my spreads notebook, but I actually use it a lot, and have done it for other people too, and they've found it useful.

If it helps people, I'll put the actual reading in the My Readings forum. :)