The Moon....looking at a detail differently

aja

I was reading a text about the moon last night and it talked about associating the gravitational pull of the Moon, its effects on tides and relating that to its 'pull' on our subconscious. Associating the body of water beneath it with the oceans....

Now, thinking about the Marsellies and a lot of other decks.....it shows the Moon with drops raining down from it. But...what if they're actually being pulled up from the water below? Or they could be...depending. (rather like whether the lady in Strength is opening or closing the lion's mouth). The drops don't have the classic 'raindrop' shape, so when you think of them in that aspect, they could just as easily be travelling up as downwards.

So that, while the Moon can act upon our unconscious, left unchecked, we might allow it to take control of our unconscous, pulling it into its orbit and literally 'sucking us dry.'

~Lisa~

push and pull

Yes, some of the most beautiful poetry and literature is written about the moon. Sylvia Plath saw the moon in one of her poems as the cold dark mother. I also feel the moon may have hypnotic qualities and some are drawn more than others.

balenciaga

aja said:
So that, while the Moon can act upon our unconscious, left unchecked, we might allow it to take control of our unconscous, pulling it into its orbit and literally 'sucking us dry.'

I get what you are saying. I think of it as the "moon can suck us dry" by imbuing our rational thought with fear and paranoia. Too much water, not enough light. It looks pretty from earth, though:)

Jaws_Victim

What a fascinating way to see the Moon! I pulled out my new Jean Noblet Moon card and I definitely see the rain drops being PULLED towards the moon, in fact I can't see it any other way now! They are definitely being pulled away from Earth and towards the moon, and not falling from it. OTherwise, the tips would be facing the other direction.

Some guy had a theory that the reason people go crazy on full moon nights is because the moon affects the water in our mind/bodies the same way it affects tides. Which I think is fascinating.

In terms of how the meaning of the card is read, it just adds another dimension to the "hidden fear" meaning.