The most beautiful deck EVER!

whipsilk

Today I just received in the mail one of the 1998 Sola Busca decks being sold by Giordano Berti, originally produced by Wolfgang Meyer in 1998. I own about 200 tarot decks, but this has got to be - by far - the most gorgeous deck I own. It is the complete 78 card Sola Busca deck, on heavy card stock that is, I believe, hand varnished (no tacky lamination here), the same size as the original deck (150mm x 82mm). The colors are simply ravishing, and the whole presentation (the case is unique to Berti) is magnificent. It's not really a deck for reading, it's a deck for appreciating, as it's 78 pieces of glorious renaissance art.

Yes, it's pricey (around $120 to the US, including postage) but frankly it's worth every penny, and more. I don't know how many he has left, but if you're interested you can email him at giordano.berti@gmail.com. He's a very pleasant man to deal with, a true tarot scholar (he wrote the historical background essay on the LoScarabeo Visconti book).

Special thanks to Gregory for just casually mentioning this is a recent thread, which led me on a hunt and eventually to Mr. Berti's email.

Bertrand

Giorgano told he was going to increase the price starting from today, do you know for how much he sells them now ?

DeToX

Went up from 98 to 110 USD I believe (excluding shipping).

Bluefeet

I totally agree with everyone! $110 is still not a bad price for a high quality reproduction like this, especially it also includes a gorgeous hand crafted box. :love:

Penthasilia

It is a fabulous deck! I absolutely love mine. It is worth every penny as Gregory said. The card stock is amazing and the box it comes in is such a lovely touch. The cards ar simply stunning- well done and vibrant- a perfect size to study the imagery.

Considering the price of some of the other Sola Busca decks on the market- this one is very reasonable and well worth it. But limited- so when it is gone, I can see it becoming very hard to find.

:)

Bertrand

edited to autoquote previous message as it has been sold.
In case anyone is interested, mine is for sale : perfect condition, like new, etc...

I'll sell it for what I paid for it (shipping included so yes I'm losing the shipping costs in the process).
Maybe it'll be nearly as expensive as what you would get from Giordano (although I'm not sure), so I'll add for the same price I'll add the 208 pages book by Sofia di Vicenzo and Giordano Berti (preface) - in english, not much a LWB, rather a huge yellow book.

deck + book + shipping : 129$. I'm loosing money in the process but for several reasons I can't keep this deck - and need to sell it fast.

Please PM me if interested (and let's do things right so paypal don't steal even more from me).

KhonsuMes

Hi Bertrand: You have a PM about your deck copy.

Matt

Bertrand

(PM checked and replied ! thanks for bumping the thread)

whipsilk

But limited- so when it is gone, I can see it becoming very hard to find. :)
Not just limited, but printed in its limited edition in 1998, so it'll suddenly have been 'out of print' for some fifteen years. I can imagine this being the Rock and Roll Greenwood Tarot of historical decks.