The Optimist card?

RainatDayBreak

A while back I got a reading from someone who mentioned "The Optimist" card. I've never heard of such a card, and although some decks refer to the same card by different names (for example, the Gendron deck refers to The Deceiver instead of The Devil), I can usually figure it by Googling. But I haven't been able to figure out what "The Optimist" is supposed to be. Is it The Fool? (Of course, it didn't occur to me to ask the reader which deck she was using.)

nisaba

It could be the Sun, the Star, any of the Aces, ... there are heaps of cards which are basically cheerful. It was evidently the reader's own personal take on a given card and if could be any one of a number of cards - why not go back to that person?

Barleywine

Maybe its just a clever way to refer to the Significator or Querent card. After all, isn't that why you visited the reader? :)

RainatDayBreak

Oh right, it could just be a label they invented on their own. I was wondering if there's a deck with an Optimist card, but it makes sense that it's just their own label.

EmpyreanKnight

I know that there's an Optimism card in the Saints and Angels Oracle Cards Deck by the highly-esteemed Doreen Virtue, but I haven't encountered that in a Tarot deck yet. Perhaps it refers to the Star, the card of hope.