The Oracle Tarot by Lucy Cavendish

Bean Feasa

I was wondering if any of you have this deck.

http://www.learntarot.com/oydesc.htm

Apparently it's a 64-card deck, so although it's calling itself a Tarot deck, I'm guessing its actually an Oracle. I browsed through an open sample deck in a bookshop and it looked quite fun - very vivid, naive-style art, and each card had keywords or reminders like 'check your budget' etc. Seemed to be a sort of low-key pack for everyday use. Are there any avid users out there among you. Would you recommend purchase?
:) Kate

dolphinprincess

Hi :eek:)

This is a real tarot deck without the Court Cards. The artwork is very bright and bold (and fun!)... The deck is very modern and definitely geared toward women.. although that doesn't mean men can't use it.

The key phrases on the cards are supposed to make the meanings a bit more modern and applicable to everyday life...

The phrases can be very limiting bc they are more specific than your typical keywords.. but I have done some really good readings with this deck in the past...

again, it is fun.. and positive! and if you are familiar with other Hay House decks, like the Doreen Virtue cards, the presentation is very similar.

you can visit lucy's website here:

http://lucycavendish.com/home/home.html

Bean Feasa

Hi dolphinprincess, and thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm really tempted now - doesn't take much to nudge me in the direction of buying a deck :). In fact I'm super-tempted because my local Waterstones bookshop has it - so no postage charges, and the buzz of actually walking up to a shop counter and buying in reality!!! Ah sure how could I leave it behind, all lonely there on the shelf, lol!
blessings,
Kate

dolphinprincess

Hi :)

While I still torture myself on whether the omission of court cards is a big deal or not, I keep coming back to this deck... It is such a pleasure to work with.

I think I posted in another thread that Lucy has written a companion book that will go well beyond the little book that comes with the set. This book will have meanings for reversals and I know it will go into more detail on why the court was omitted. I am not sure when it will be published but I beleive that the manuscript was submitted in April .

Are others still having good results with this deck? Just wanted to talk about it again...

mooncat2

Hi Bean Feasa,

Just adding my thoughts - I bought this deck at the airport when I was bored out of my brain with the waiting!

It is modern, its bright, simplistic and bold - I had it a week and then sold it because it did nothing for me.

It all depends on what you like , I guess. Compared with the other purchases I've made this year - the Fey, The Animal Lords and the Golden Tarot , it is sadly lacking . But that's only my opinion!

Blessings