The Process ~ Chapter 5 ~ The Suits

Baroli

It's taken me awhile to get this chapter up. Not that there is anything earthshaking in this observation, but,..........I thought it would be wise to just put this out there.

As I study this "Process" more closely, I am coming to realize that it is turning into a personal journey for me on different levels. Of course there is the one where I am reviewing or relearning the basics of Tarot, things that when you are 16 you sort of skim over because you want to get to that reading of the cards and dazzle and impress your friends.

Then as you peel back the layers of all that, much like you would an onion or an artichoke, I begin to understand more about what is Tarot, what it is for me, and more importantly what it can be. It is all a continuous learning process.

Then as I peel yet even more layers away, I am taking a lot of what is being discussed and relating it to my daily life. Whoa! Hold on there! Do I want to do that?? This is what I have been wrestling with for the past few days. It was annoying me that I was having this intellectual exercise of analysis with myself weighing the pros and cons etc. Why I should have such a hard time with observations of this particular chapter. Afterall, it's only about the suits and I have always from day 1 thought of the Wands as fire and Swords as air etc. Then this morning as I woke up or was in that fun part of inbetween sleep and full awareness that it all became very clear.

This chapter for me, it may not be for you and that's okay, is not about what I already know and am comfortable with. It's about getting the information or lack there of and pruning it out, much like the shoots that grow inward, blocking the air that goes through the rose bushes in order for them not to grow. I am the rosebush. I am also the caretaker of the rosebush, and Dan? He is the supplier of the tools needed in order to have the caretaker apply to her roses in order for them to grow and become a better reader than before. Of course, I know about the suits, but why the suits, what are they and how do they relate to myself and of course to the sitter.

This is huge. Some of you may already be at this juncture and this chapter is really just a review, but for me, this chapter is one of the most important ones in the book and they are all very important. Being an air sign and overanalytical (I tend to beat that dead horse alot) I came to really dislike the swords. But now I see why and I need to reevaluate this suit and its relationships to the other suits and thereby a more unbiased look at readings when I do them.

I once said to someone I don't like to think. He replied to me "I like to make you think." I could get used to that. ;)