The Querent Makes Their Own Reading!

WingspreadPhoenix

While reading through threads here I was reminded of a funny incident which happened to me not too long ago. I was doing a reading for someone with the Paulina tarot, and one of the cards was the Tower. The moment I laid that card out, the querent literally gasped and said, "That's not good!"

I wondered, did he really know about the Tower card and its infamous "not-goodness?" I could have sworn that he had no prior exposure to tarot. Then he points at it and continues, "It's on fire! And people are falling out! So I guess I'm screwed, huh?" He looked at the other cards and made up his mind.

His question was about rebuilding a relationship, and while I can't remember the other two cards, I do remember that they all led to it just not working out (she was a bit too controlling...but that's for another time). But it still amazed me that the querent basically answered his question himself. He didn't really need me in the end xD Most people I read for tend to not realize the importance of the image on the card and not just the name.

This was the first and only time so far that this has happened to me. Has anyone else had similar experiences? And what do you think of the querent answering their own question? It's almost like a lesson in tarot! :D

brotherindolence

Yep, this happens all the time to me!

I guess the more intuitive, self reflective and open the querent is, the higher the chances of them understanding the spread in front of them.

It's humbling and special when someone runs with their own reading!

BI

nisaba

<smile> You had a very open client, there.

I just hope he went off and made appropriate decisions.