the rise and FOOL!!!

Chubby Mummy

Ok - well... this morning i looked up my thoth card for the day, and it was the fool... i later went on this new website - and it gives u the option to choose a card, guess what? It was the fool. The post has just come, and i got my monthly accountancy magazine, and on the front it says, "the rise and FOOL"....and its only 11 in the morning... im expect to see some more "fools" along the way today....

OK - what is the universe trying to tell me? That im a fool? That theres something im being dumb about - that im about to embark on a new journey which i have no idea where im going? I dont know!!!

Help guys!! What does the fool mean to you?

xxxx
cm

FantasyWorld

Good morning CM:)

The 1st thing that comes to my mind is to do something different today...be spontaneous!!! If you have a certain routine, change it today, do it out backwards,LOL. Go right instead of left, go back instead of forward, go sideways instead of straight.........gotta get ready for work but I hope that helps some:D

psychicbody

The Fool is Alice, chasing a white rabbit down a rabbit hole... more or less ;)
You may have some new adventures ahead of you; or you are going to find yourself submerged in new experiences.

mtnmermaid

Expect the unexpected

is what I think when I get the Fool as a daily card. Surprises out of the blue, new adventures, fun, freedom, spontaneity, the opportunity to be open to whatever life has to offer. It's one of my favorite cards. :) I always like it when it shows up in a reading.

mythos

Sometimes the Fool comes up when we have fallen into perfectionism mode and need to be reminded that it is okay to make fools of ourselves, blunder, fall on our faces, make mistakes ...

mythos:)

Chubby Mummy

fallen into perfectionism mode is definitly an understatement Mythos... I dont know whats wrong with me lately... i wont embarass myself by telling u lot what i mean..hehe })

Ive had a pretty normal average day really... except i nearly had a car accident, some idiot driving like a lunatic didnt like my Mr Magoo impression...

Oh and my hubby brought home some juicy steak, which we had with peas and gravy ...yum...I suppose this is as exciting as it gets!!!

Ill let u lot know if anything else "exciting" happens by the time i go bed!!

xxxx
cm

PlatinumDove

Maybe that's the problem, you're getting into a habit. Perhaps what you need to do is to do something completely off the wall, something completely spontaneous, have an adventure!

Ace

The Fool is young and cocky, but also fresh and full of energy. Anything is possible, says the Fool. All choices are good choices. I can pick any one I want.

Just lighten up.

i am glad you weren't hurt in the car accident.
Ace

noby

When I think of the Fool, I think of that which lies beyond thought... the emptiness of all phenomena which is their true nature. Nothing, radical nothing. Not "nothing" as an idea, an abstraction, or as some actual phenomenon which we call nothing. Just nothing.

Lon DuQuette puts it this way in his book, Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot:

The Fool propounds the ultimate riddle. Creation and the meaning of life are an incomprehensible joke. The Fool is more than God. The Fool is the "nothing" we refer to when we say, "Nothing created God. Nothing is beyond God. Nothing is greater than God." The Fool is perfectly empty-headed, for if there were anything inside, his innocence would be destroyed.

In the Book of Thoth, Crowley himself says,

The really important feature of this card is that its number should be 0. It represents therefore the Negative above the Tree of Life, the source of all things. It is the Qabalistic Zero. It is the equation of the Universe, the initial and final balance of the opposites; Air, in this card, therefore quintessentially means a vacuum.

There's more than one koan in the Zen tradition which goes something like this:

The Zen Master held up a staff. He said, "Anyone who tells me that this is a staff receives thirty blows. Anyone who tells me that this is not a staff receives thirty blows. Now tell me, what is it?"

Anything you say is already a lie. "Open mouth, already a mistake." The Fool points us to this, the stark nakedness of reality beyond the filters of our concepts of it. The Fool is the ultimate nature of reality, and that nature is beyond form, beyond understanding and beyond description. It can, however, be experienced when the veils of the mind drop away.

I think when the Fool comes up in a reading, it's an invitation to drop all the old baggage and all the old bullshit. Just to throw it all away. To tap in to the freshness of the moment, the innocence of not seeing things through the filter of some preconceived idea or expectations. Things simply are as they are. No more, no less. Period. Fresh. New. Immaculate. All things are always fresh and new, always innocent, always pure and always total. The only problem is that we usually fail to see this.

divinerguy

The Fool makes for a good drinking buddy.