The "spot on" reading

Bridget

This question was inspired by Le Fanu's thread asking why new decks give sharper readings. I've seen others mention the cards giving them "spot on" readings, or even blunt messages.

This intrigues me because I don't really have spot on readings. I never feel like I'm getting a message from the universe loud and clear. I basically journal my way through my readings and see the overall theme that turns up.

So I'm wondering, what kind of readings are spot on for you? And where do they take you?

SunChariot

That is an interesting question. I can't say that new decks give me sharper readings though. Not to sound conceited, to the best of my knowledge all my readings are accurate. I only knew of one where I went in the wrong direction. I saw shyness as a theme and I said that the person was not shy when in fact the cards had been saying she WAS why. I got the theme but went in the wrong direction. But to the best of my knowledge I don't know of any other time that has happened.

I have literally done readings a number of times where I was told they were "scary" accurate" and readings where the querent asked about a third party and I actually somehow picked up the exact everbal expressions of that person, knowing nothing about them.

If you are not yet feeling you are as accurate as you would like you probably have not found the best reading method for yourself yet. Tarot is such an individuial thing, what works best for one person may not work as well for another. It's just honing in on the ways taht work best for YOU and combining them in the best ways.

Now here is the interesting part. I read mainly intuitively. And when I most feel most lost and like I don't have any idea where what I am writing is coming from and OMG I must be making it up somehow and I can't tell the person that as how can I be sure its real...:grin: The more I get that feeling, the more accurate I am. The stronger it is, the more tuned in I am and the more "scary accurate" the answers are. I've learnt to accept this over the years, and if I feel a bit lost of uncertain it not longer bothers me at all. I just go "Yay, now I know I am REALLY on track!" and it's always true.

I know that sounds like it makes no sense, but really it does. And I wanted to say this in aswer to your post. As when I actually AM getting the answer loud and clear si when I least feel like I am. It's a very strange phenomenon. But I have adjusted to it over the years cause I just know that is how I work.

I believe the reason is that, since I do read intuitively, I need to close my mind off to read and just feel. I beleive I do somewthing akin to chanelling from what I have been told.

But the premise is (at least for those who experience it as I do) that when you are reading at your best, you are either pulling up info from your unconsious mind, which knows a whole lot of things that your conscious mind does not. So suddenly there is this info that pops up into your consciousness and you're like "Where did THAT come from??? I must have made it up!" When in reality it is something very real and deep that is happening.

Or another is that you're connecting with a higher power that is sending you the info you need into your consciousness. Either way same effect. Suddenly it's there and you're like "Where did that come from?"

The second is closer to my belief system, but all the same that;s how it is for me, the more uncertain I feel that I am on track, the more on track I am. It means I am really connecting to something deeper,for me.

So that is what I wanted to say, Just because you are not getting a feeling that you are on track and getting loud and clear answers....does not mean that you are not.

Over the years I've just learnt to go with whatever I sense and write it down. It's always worked for me. Just turn off my thoughts and start feeling.

Babs

Bridget

I have literally done readings a number of times where I was told they were "scary" accurate" and readings where the querent asked about a third party and I actually somehow picked up the exact everbal expressions of that person, knowing nothing about them.
That sounds spot on to me! :)

If you are not yet feeling you are as accurate as you would like you probably have not found the best reading method for yourself yet. Tarot is such an individuial thing, what works best for one person may not work as well for another. It's just honing in on the ways taht work best for YOU and combining them in the best ways.

Now here is the interesting part. I read mainly intuitively. And when I most feel most lost and like I don't have any idea where what I am writing is coming from and OMG I must be making it up somehow and I can't tell the person that as how can I be sure its real...:grin: The more I get that feeling, the more accurate I am. The stronger it is, the more tuned in I am and the more "scary accurate" the answers are. I've learnt to accept this over the years, and if I feel a bit lost of uncertain it not longer bothers me at all. I just go "Yay, now I know I am REALLY on track!" and it's always true.
I've had this feeling when I'm doing a dialogue with someone in a card - they end up saying things that I didn't expect, but that make a lot of sense. But I suspect this method wouldn't work so well if I were reading for someone else unless they did the dialogue. Maybe I should try it in a reading exchange and see if it still works.

Thanks for your thoughts, Babs!

SunChariot

That sounds spot on to me! :)

I've had this feeling when I'm doing a dialogue with someone in a card - they end up saying things that I didn't expect, but that make a lot of sense. But I suspect this method wouldn't work so well if I were reading for someone else unless they did the dialogue. Maybe I should try it in a reading exchange and see if it still works.

Thanks for your thoughts, Babs!

You're welcome. In my experience when you get that feeling that you are having a dialogue with someone in a card, yes it does translate well to reading for others. I sometimes purposely do that, eg do a meditation reading....a Tarot meditation wehre I enter the card and talk to the characters there and ask them the questions I want answered. It tends to be very interesting. And yes a lot of wisdom tends to come up.

There's a whole technique for it. Ask me if you want to know more...

Babs

Minotauro

You're welcome. In my experience when you get that feeling that you are having a dialogue with someone in a card, yes it does translate well to reading for others. I sometimes purposely do that, eg do a meditation reading....a Tarot meditation wehre I enter the card and talk to the characters there and ask them the questions I want answered. It tends to be very interesting. And yes a lot of wisdom tends to come up.

There's a whole technique for it. Ask me if you want to know more...

Babs

I think you should do a thread about that technique if it doenst exist alredy becauseat least I am very interested in it. and I havent seen many thread about meditating on cards but I've heard they are excelent to work on intuition and many other things.

it sounds like something I would like to do that to my daily draw if I could

OH and about the spot on reading , I once made a girl cry ._. that felt great and horrible at the same time lol =P

I've had moments of " enlightment" after the reading is done lik ; OH! that probbaly meant... ! so I just have to make sure those happen WHILE the reading is happening XD

but now that I think about it its similar to the experience of it happening when my mind wasnt foduced on it , when I was just in a blank state of mind an it just seemed to pop into my skull =P

SunChariot

I think you should do a thread about that technique if it doenst exist alredy becauseat least I am very interested in it. and I havent seen many thread about meditating on cards but I've heard they are excelent to work on intuition and many other things.

it sounds like something I would like to do that to my daily draw if I could

OH and about the spot on reading , I once made a girl cry ._. that felt great and horrible at the same time lol =P

I've had moments of " enlightment" after the reading is done lik ; OH! that probbaly meant... ! so I just have to make sure those happen WHILE the reading is happening XD

but now that I think about it its similar to the experience of it happening when my mind wasnt foduced on it , when I was just in a blank state of mind an it just seemed to pop into my skull =P

Yeah, I had a lot of that in the beginning when I was starting out learning. :grin: Times where I thought after of what something else the reading could have been saying after it was already done. I think that happens a lot in the beginning, it's part of the learning process.

Yep, that is how it works, things pop into your mind that are accurate and part of the answer when you are able to unfocus you mind, turn it out and go blank inside. Appartently intuition and thought come from two opposite sides of your brain, so when you are in thinking mode it is harder to access that, don't hear it as clearly. When you really turn off your mind as much as you can, the rest flows in....at least that has been my experience of it.

As for the medititation, it does work well for me as an alternative reading method.

Here is what I do, in essence. Ask me if you have any questions:

From “The Complete Illustrated Guide to Tarot" by Rachel Pollack.

“MEDITATION ALLOWS US to engage the pictures on the cards in a very direct way. There are many forms of meditation. We will look at a "program" that will allow you to enter and explore any card.

We begin with relaxation. A relaxed state allows you to step outside the usual movement of your life. Choose a place where you can sit comfortably so that you will not have to shift around, but try to sit with your back straight. Place the card you want to explore close by so you can easily pick it up. Since you do not want to stop and consult this book, or even have to remind yourself what comes next, you might want to make a tape of the following directions. Speak softly, without rush.

When you have found a comfortable position close your eyes. Feel that you are coming to a rest, still. Let thoughts and plans and problems begin to slide away from you. Begin to breathe deeply and easily. Allow the breath to go right the way down tothe center of your body. As you take a breath out, release it entirely, in the confidence that your next breath will there for you when you are ready for it. (Brief pause).

As you breathe in, breathe in a deep calm all through your body. Let it radiate through you. And as you breathe out, let the breath carry away any distractions or worries.And as you breathe in, let your breath bring you the light of the stars. Let it fill you and shine in you. You are a creature of light. And when you breathe out, send the light down into the Earth. Send it through the floor, the dirt, the rock, deep into the Earth. With each breath you become a link between the stars and the Earth. (Pause).

Now, with your eyes closed, and staying with your breath, reach out for the card. Hold it in both hands and feel its energy. Quietly open your eyes and look at it as if for the first time. Absorb all the details, colors, and characters. When you have seen it fully, close your eyes again and visualize the card in front of you. (Brief Pause)

Open your eyes and look again. What details did you miss? What small form or gesture did you leave out? Now close your eyes again and set down the card. Once more see it before you. Let the picture become bigger, the size of a large book, then a window.

And bigger still, until it becomes like a doorway. A doorway to a living world.Motionless, with your eyes closed, imagine yourself standing before that doorway. Now you step through it. Now you find yourself inside that world. Let yourself look around. The world has grown beyond the picture. Feel the ground, the breezes, smell the air, hear any noises of birds or people or wind. (Brief pause).

As you look around, you see the characters from the original picture. They are active now, and you watch them move and speak. (Pause).

Now you find yourself drawn to them. You approach them and one figure, a person, or animal, or object, draws you still closer. You feel a special bond with this figure, this ally. Allow yourself to explore that. (Pause).

And now this powerful figure asks you to come very close. You approach the figure and the being offers you a precious gift. Allow yourself to discover this gift and accept it.(Pause).

Now you give your ally a gift in return. (Brief pause).

You recognize that the time has come to leave. You say goodbye to your ally and let yourself step back. As you move away the scene becomes the way it was when you first entered it. You look and see the doorway behind you. You step backward through it, so that the scene once more lies on the others side. And now that doorway begins to shrink- the size of a window, a large book, a card. Now the picture you have created dissolves before you.

Sit quietly a moment, then take a deep breath, and when you let it out open your eyes. Write or draw in your journal what you have experienced.”

That is the meditation as it is given in the book, very good book it is too btw. But what I personally do is that once I am in the card and in contact with the being in the card, I have a conversation with them. I tell them how glad I am to be there with them, have ask any questions I have and listen for the answers and then thank them and leave. There really is a really conversation going on when I do it. I just ask the questions and hear the answers in my mind. And they are coming from somewhere wise, because they do often make predictions that later come true.

Hope this helps, have fun!!!

Babs