The Star and the Wheel of Fortune

werewolfmoon

Tarot of the Old Path
Five card spread

General day reading.

The Star and the Wof came up in the central position. The Star, for me, is the card of dreams, some distant and unobtainable, some more obtainable, and the WoF is all about luck and the wheel turning inexorably round and round. They seem so at odds with each other.

My first thought was Woh! This is pretty major.
My second thought was dreams coming true, which would be great.

Thoughts??

LeFou

Strangely, the cards are closely related at least in history.

Wheel represents the change of seasons through the "wheel of the year," i.e., the Zodiac. As such, she is the ancient Great Goddess responsible for fertility, harvest, cycles. The earthly king and queen would represent her through stewardship of the land (kingdom, people).

Star is also a goddess who has been "demoted" to a generic beautiful nude, but you can see that she's scrying by the "lights of the night," Stars, performing divination according to some kind of "alchemy of opposites," but she is also obviously part of the Zodiac.

They are related as a part is related to the whole. Not sure if that sheds any light though :)

theboomz

These two bring to mind fates and natural forces of karma and astrology. There are planetary movements that affect events and people, and the Wheel has that same vibe and is karma, fate related.

So this could be one of those deals where the outcome of whatever is happening is based on if you've been naughty or nice. You're going to reap what you've sown.

I think this is positive though and it means something positive you've set up in the past is going to pay off do to the forces of nature, or circumstances changing.

werewolfmoon

Strangely, the cards are closely related at least in history.

Wheel represents the change of seasons through the "wheel of the year," i.e., the Zodiac. As such, she is the ancient Great Goddess responsible for fertility, harvest, cycles. The earthly king and queen would represent her through stewardship of the land (kingdom, people).

Star is also a goddess who has been "demoted" to a generic beautiful nude, but you can see that she's scrying by the "lights of the night," Stars, performing divination according to some kind of "alchemy of opposites," but she is also obviously part of the Zodiac.

They are related as a part is related to the whole. Not sure if that sheds any light though :)

What beautiful imagery, I love this, the Goddess scrying by the light of the moon and the wheel as the year turning, I've added this to my Tarot Journal.

werewolfmoon

These two bring to mind fates and natural forces of karma and astrology. There are planetary movements that affect events and people, and the Wheel has that same vibe and is karma, fate related.

So this could be one of those deals where the outcome of whatever is happening is based on if you've been naughty or nice. You're going to reap what you've sown.

I think this is positive though and it means something positive you've set up in the past is going to pay off do to the forces of nature, or circumstances changing.

I think I've been a good girl this year, so hopefully it will be a good thing that is going to happen.

theboomz

I wrote Do instead of Due.

o.0 I know it's kind of not important, but it's weird and it bothers me.

But yes, I see this spread as 'here comes a pay off' !

werewolfmoon

I wrote Do instead of Due.

o.0 I know it's kind of not important, but it's weird and it bothers me.

But yes, I see this spread as 'here comes a pay off' !

I do the same thing, no problem.

Lorraine1100

Thoughts??

It is, but as I have just said on another thread, the Wheel of Fortune will spin for a bit before something comes to light.

Seraphina

Thoughts??

I would agree with with you here... I see the Star as wishes coming true and a lovely card to see in a spread, coupled by the Wheel I would be doubly happy!! Looks like good things are going to be coming your way!

nisaba

The Star and the Wof came up in the central position. The Star, for me, is the card of dreams, some distant and unobtainable, some more obtainable,
To me, its also the card of the passage of time.'Remember that metaphorical "light at the end of the tunnel"? Well, that light is starlight. The Star often says to me that whilst things are hopeful and good things are in store, there is still some time that will pass in the darkness of the tunnel first, before you get there.

and the WoF is all about luck and the wheel turning inexorably round and round. They seem so at odds with each other.
The Wheel comforts you, when things are not so good, that it will turn and they will get better - in time. The Wheel also warns, in good times, that you cannot rely on what you have no to stay unchanged, so you need to take every opportunity you have, and not waste time.

That time thing again. The cards have quite different messages, but they are not at odds with one another, and if you listen to them talking to each other, you'll find that the story they tell makes sense.