The strangest walk to work

Rjtjr

So, my lady and I were walking to work together Thursday morning. I'm basically sleep walking, it's 6am not a soul on the streets anywhere. So we walk a bit and keep walking until we aproach the end of the block, standing on the curb looking down. I see a white card, I take a closer look because I still have sleepy eyes. It reads Ace of pentacles. Whoa how strange I am going to work. I pick it up. Keep crossing the street see another, it reads two of wands. I like that card I said, I'm an aries. To me It's fire in it's fullest form. More or so in the thoth world. Pick it up. I see two more cards flipped over waiting for us at the curb ahead. Flip the first one over. Two of cups... I am walking with someone I love, I'll take it as the soul mate card. The next 7 of cups..The world is at my feet.. literally how strange haha.

I have never seen cards like these before, Very boring design straight to the point black and white. I would say the pictures looked like a child drew them. The backs of the cards also black and white and at first thought maybe it was the wild unknown deck just judging from the backs. It wasn't.

So I kinda got a reading on my walk to work, this could be a big coincidence or something trying to tell me something. I suppose tarot works in ways that aren't ment to have a definition. As long as you belive and are intuitive, then thats all that matters. Maybe that was the lesson for the day. The cards could have represented something much more, but that was my take at the time.

Just thought I would share my experience and was also wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Grizabella

What a strange experience. I'm feeling sorry for the person who lost several cards from their deck. It will be heartbreaking when they realize the loss. Maybe it's a deck they've made for themselves.

If you post a photo of the cards, someone here can probably tell you which deck they're from. I wonder if you could somehow find out who lost them. But of course, New York is a huge place so that might be difficult. However, it might be someone in the neighborhood where you found the cards.

ndark68

Well out of all the cards you could find thankfully you found those ones! :) I wonder if one of you will get a promotion or a raise?

Rjtjr

There were only 4 cards that were mysteriously left in my path. It was pretty windy that morning, sometimes the buildings act as a jet stream depending on the direction. Maybe someone tossed them. Who would do that though?

I felt pretty lucky finding them. Unfortunatly, I left them on the last curb I found them on my walk back home. I felt this strange energy, very exhausting like..I felt guilty for having them for some strange reason. I realize now I should have held on to them in case I do come across the person who lost them. Maybe they found them on the curb? wouldn't that be something!

However, I don't believe the cards where home made. The backings weren't your normal blue picnic table cloth that is regularly available for blank cards. If someone did make them they did a great job with printing. I'm not doubting that.

If I have time I will see if I can find the deck on the web later.

Grizabella

You ask who would just toss a deck. An irate, religious parent who found Tarot cards her spouse or child had, and because she believes Tarot to be evil, just tossed them out the window is a possibility. There are lots of people who would just throw a deck away and lots of different reasons. I personally wouldn't, though.

I've seen people mention here placing single cards from an unwanted deck in random places in public. Maybe it was something like that except that they left multiples. Maybe the person did a reading for themselves that they didn't like and tossed them.

I moved to Washington last summer to be nearer my youngest daughter and her s.o. and they told me that once when they first got together, they found a single Tarot card down on the boardwalk by the port. I wish they had kept it and given it to me. They don't remember which card in the deck or what deck it was from.

zannamarie

I've not ever found tarot cards, but I've found individual playing cards on the ground. I also once found a Mexican Loteria card.

I usually consider them messages from the Universe. Sometimes I keep them for a while and sometimes I do like you did and leave them at a different place or just leave them where I found them.

VGimlet

I found a tarot card at my library once. Queen of Wands, which is my card - kind of odd.

I also have left Tarot cards as sort of an art project before. :D I had an IJJ deck that was water damaged when I got it, and the Housewives tarot that I did that to as well, and another deck I can't remember (also missing cards). Kind of fun. Hopefully your cards were something like that, and not lost. There is an old thread about it, but it was a long time ago...

nisaba

Why don't you scan the cards? Someone might be able to identify the deck. If somebody had tried to throw a whole deck out, there'd be a lot more than four in the same area, even with wind. I'm thinking someone didn't have the box for the deck and only partly stuffed them into a pocket or a bag, and just a few cards worked their way out.

I'd love to look at any scans you post to the thread.