The Tarot Bible

Kylie_Girl

I just bought one today and i am reading through it this evening. I have reached the information about Symbolic Associations. It has used the example of a rose being associated with love. It then says write a list of what "tarot" means to you, does it make you feel excited, involved, scared, curious?

Overall, i would say im really curious, but i still have that element of fear. I am DYING to open my cards and start playing with them, but i never know if its the right time...........help!

Zezina

Do you mean 'The Tarot Bible' by Sarah Bartlett?

I have this beside me and have consulted it a lot recently.

Dusk Till Dawn

You just answered your Question yourself. Just open your Deck, and play with the cards. The rest will come by itself.
The only time I am scared to open the Deck is, when I am afraid to damage the Cards. LOL
After all, it's all Cardboard with pretty Pictures.

Kylie_Girl

Yes thats the one Zezina xxxx

Zezina

Thanks Kylie_girl - I've now found your reference on page 27, and I shall try to make out my own list too.
Rather a challenge to expand on the author's suggestions of one's feelings about Tarot as 'curious, wary, involved, fascinated, scared or enriched'.
But I shall try, so thanks for drawing my attention to this opportunity.

Zezina

The Tarot bible

Apart from those offered by the author, (curious, wary, involved, fascinated, scared or enriched), here are some more ways Tarot can make me feel: eager, engrossed, cautious, guilty or complete.

Quite a contradictory mix of feelings!

DaisyDragonfly

Seeker*13* said:
After all, it's all Cardboard with pretty Pictures.

Worth posting just to quote this.

They're as dangerous as a story. That's it. No more or less. Any power they have come from you; and they only have as much as you give to them. By themselves, they're just pictures on a rectangle of laminated card.

Oh, and they're also a good stress relief device. There's nothing as relaxing as shuffling, shuffling, shuffling... :D

Mazzle

DaisyDragonfly said:
Oh, and they're also a good stress relief device. There's nothing as relaxing as shuffling, shuffling, shuffling... :D

LOL - how true Daisy Dragonfly. I've happily sat there shuffling and completely forgot to a) draw something and b) the question. Felt great though!

Rev_Vesta

yes sometimes when reading for myself I have shuffled shuffled for ages...... suddenly several cards pop, jump out and I remember ooopsss I am suppose to look at the cards lol.......

Vesta