The Tarot Cards and Scare Tactics??

MariaPeea

Hello!

Okay, so am I insane, or maybe just putting too much willpower into the cards, or does anyone get the impression that occasionally the cards will show you something totally horrible and damning just to get your ass into gear?

Like, let's say, you're sitting around on your ass all the time and you do a financial spread. And you ask "Lah deh daaaah, what will my financial situation be in a month? :D" and then you get:

THE TOWER, THE 5 OF PENTACLES, THE 9 OF SWORDS, THE 10 OF SWORDS

And you go "EEEEEEK!" and you jump off your ass and you run outside and toss your resume at every shmo with a store you see.

Is it possible that it wasn't actually going to be that bad, but the cards were just trying to get an appropriate action out of you?

I am crazy aren't I?

I don't even know if that spread made sense LOL.

divinemsm

totally Eeekk!!

You aren't crazy. I would have definitely had an eek moment with those cards in regards to my cash flow as well. But everything the cards show you is not set in stone. Some of it may never come to pass because you reacted in such a way that changes the course of your path. The key to understand is that readings will only tell you what may happen if things keep following the same path you are on, or what will happen if you implement a certain change, like if you take a new job or move in some free loading boyfriend. You are the one who truly has control over what happens in your life.. If you saw in the cards that you need to get up off you a$$ and do something, then go for it.

Lilija

I think of it like this:

Predictively speaking, the cards are a snapshot of "right now" as in, if nothing actively changes from this very moment, to your projected time frame, then this is how it's going to look.

If you DID sit on your ass throughout the month, then of course you will be in financial ruination. If you don't actively take control and make changes from that point on, then this is what it will be. If you see those cards, and decide to take action based on them, then the outcome will be different.

Generally, when I do "where will I be in..." spreads for people, and they see it's not going to be good, then another card comes out asking "how can I fix this?".

Mellifluous

no, i've never gotten that impression or a spread like that. so... you might be crazy? ;)

nisaba

And someone here - I think it may have been Gregory - recpuonted an occasion where in some kind of group they did round-robin readings, not knowing who they were reading for, and hte person did a reading which was all sweetnes nad light when their own life was chaos and darkness. Turned out hte reading wa for them. Sometimes a reading will be unusually rough to kick you into gear, but sometimes the opposite happens and you get an unexpectedly positive reading, to reassure and comfort you. Just a the rough reading might motivate you to Take Necessary Steps, the gentle reading might give you the hope to go on.

MariaPeea

So, just to be clear -the above scenario was made up, LOL. I never got a financial situation like that.

Anyway, Nisaba, that's a cool story. And exactly what I was talking about. Except, obviously, in the other direction. The main thing I wanted to know with this question, was is it possible the cards will know what you need and give that to you, instead of actually directly answering the question you asked. And from you I get a yes :D. Which is pretty freakin cool, if you think about it.

And yah, I guess maybe that wasn't a good example, because if you do sit on your ass then obviously your not going to make money, which means the chances of happy cards coming up is pretty slim.

So, we'll use the example of someone who really likes this person but is too scared to do anything about it. Lets say they did a daily draw, and they pulled the 3 of swords. And they thought "Eeeek!" and decided that they didn't want to have a 3 of swords day, they wanted to have a happy romantic day, damnit!

So, when they see this boy they remember the 3 of swords and they try their best to be happy and talkative, and they end up having a great day. Buuuut, what if it wasn't going to be a 3 of swords day? What if the cards just knew that if they showed this girl that card, she'd finally make a freakin move? Thats what I'm talking about.