The Tarot Spellcaster

Deszroo

Hello....has anyone read the book: The Tarot Spellcaster by Terry Donaldson?. Its nicely done book visually and presents info good
enough. I don't know, for me, the part about blowing out the candles...but maybe that how his/those spells are supposed to be done?.

What is your opinion of the spells..are they effective?. I've not tried any, though I was gifted the book recently.

Thanks
Deszroo

Gyda

I've never done them with tarot cards, but I have done a few and they've work out well enough. Mostly folk magic.

Gyda

purplemisted

I have that one

Yer, I recieved that book from my Aunt as a gift. I have used the spells on numerous occassions, but remember, don't ask 'did those spells work?' because the spell itself in the book isn't what has the power. You mind and intention and WILL holds the key. The true power is in the witch, i never use spells from books, only as a guide and build from there and I can saftley say my spellcraft is always very effective.
Blessed Be,
Luke - Faolan.

Shade

The Tarot Spellcaster is very visually appealing, a perfect coffee table book reminiscent of the Book of Spells and Book of Spells II with it's vivid photos of complex altars.

However, as a spellbook it was a little disappointing for me. The tarot element of the spells is particularly understated. There is a lot more emphasis on the candles and oils in each spell than there is on the cards. The cards themselves are just laid out amongst the supplies and largely ignored. I really enjoyed Renee's Tarot Spells a good deal more than I did this one. In that book visualizations are given for the cards used in each spell and the other equipment is secondary. I have other spellbooks for herbs and oils, this book could have seriously benefited from more tarot content. The pictures really are lovely though.

jules

Shade said:
The tarot element of the spells is particularly understated. There is a lot more emphasis on the candles and oils in each spell than there is on the cards. The cards themselves are just laid out amongst the supplies and largely ignored.QUOTE]

I have the tarot spellcaster as well, and i totally agree that there is no-where near enough thought or emphasis on the cards used. I think the book did help me, in the fact that it opened up the idea of using cards in spells.