The Wheel of Fortune as a feeling?

LovelyMissAries

I was doing this spread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=62740 to find out how my guy friend/ex-crush is doing since I don't get to talk to him much.

I drew The Wheel of Fortune for how he feels about me but am unsure how to interpret that. Part of me wants to flatter myself saying he feels lucky to have me as part of his life, but the other, more practical, side of me says this means his feelings for me are up in the air, subject to change, and most of all not that concrete.

How else could it be interpreted?

Thirteen

Starlight09 said:
more practical, side of me says this means his feelings for me are up in the air, subject to change, and most of all not that concrete.
I'd say that's a little more likely. You have to remember the wheel of fortune goes round and round. It's ever changing. Now, granted, our feelings for anyone, even those we love, have good times and bad, ups and downs. But when it comes to real love, there is a part of the person which never changes. They may be really mad and unhappy with you, but under that is still this great, undiminished, steady-as-a-rock love. And if you say to them, "I know you're not happy with me, but do you still love me?" they'll say, "Of course I still love you!" even as they scowl at you.

I don't think that's the case here. The Wheel indicates that even if he is feeling lucky to have you and very good about you at the moment, you shouldn't trust that these feelings are going to stick around or can be relied on. When they go back down, and they will, he will be just as sure that he doesn't like you as he is sure, at this moment, that he does like you.

LovelyMissAries

Thirteen said:
I'd say that's a little more likely. You have to remember the wheel of fortune goes round and round. It's ever changing. Now, granted, our feelings for anyone, even those we love, have good times and bad, ups and downs. But when it comes to real love, there is a part of the person which never changes. They may be really mad and unhappy with you, but under that is still this great, undiminished, steady-as-a-rock love. And if you say to them, "I know you're not happy with me, but do you still love me?" they'll say, "Of course I still love you!" even as they scowl at you.

I don't think that's the case here. The Wheel indicates that even if he is feeling lucky to have you and very good about you at the moment, you shouldn't trust that these feelings are going to stick around or can be relied on. When they go back down, and they will, he will be just as sure that he doesn't like you as he is sure, at this moment, that he does like you.

Thank you, Thirteen! The fact that you agree with one of my interpretations regarding this card really gives me hope that I'm on the right track as far as being objective goes, and concerning my skills as a reader overall. :)

nisaba

Starlight09 said:
I drew The Wheel of Fortune for how he feels about me but am unsure how to interpret that. Part of me wants to flatter myself saying he feels lucky to have me as part of his life, but the other, more practical, side of me says this means his feelings for me are up in the air, subject to change, and most of all not that concrete.

How else could it be interpreted?
You say it's meant to represent *feelings* about you, rather than ideas about you. So go the feelings.

The Wheel or fortune is about instability and changeability - in emotional terms that would be feeling a bit wobbly, off-balance, lots of ups and downs.

LovelyMissAries

nisaba said:
You say it's meant to represent *feelings* about you, rather than ideas about you. So go the feelings.

The Wheel or fortune is about instability and changeability - in emotional terms that would be feeling a bit wobbly, off-balance, lots of ups and downs.

I agree with you Nisaba :) this is more or less what I meant in my first thread but as it is a Major Arcana card, I wasn't sure if there were numerous ways to interpret it or not.

willowfox

The Wheel suggests that oneday, he remembers you lovingly, but a few days later he will feel really p***ed that you walked out on him.

WalesWoman

He could feel fated or that fate has brought you to him and he's a lucky, lucky man.

These feelings also make you wonder at your sanity and reason, which can make you feel like you are on a roller coaster or a ferris wheel, going round and around, full of exuberance one minute and then going down the next, for fear of messing it up and losing it. For feeling wonderful when you are with them and lousy when you aren't.

I think he would most likely feel that his luck has all changed, fortune has smiled upon him and turned his world all around. I agree about the instability of that card, because maybe it could also feel like being put on a round pedestal, one false move and crash, he falls.

So maybe he feels love is a gamble, some you win, some you lose and right now he's winning.

I re read Thirteens reply and remember a relationship like that one she describes... you never know where you stand because they can never make up their minds.... one week you are wonderful, the next week they don't want to see you again, then a week later call to ask where you've been, like they never said This has to stop. That feeling was like that rollercoaster, up and down, off and on again or a yo yo on a string.... it's not something one can learn to live with unless you have a large streak of masochism.

LovelyMissAries

WalesWoman said:
He could feel fated or that fate has brought you to him and he's a lucky, lucky man.

These feelings also make you wonder at your sanity and reason, which can make you feel like you are on a roller coaster or a ferris wheel, going round and around, full of exuberance one minute and then going down the next, for fear of messing it up and losing it. For feeling wonderful when you are with them and lousy when you aren't.

I think he would most likely feel that his luck has all changed, fortune has smiled upon him and turned his world all around. I agree about the instability of that card, because maybe it could also feel like being put on a round pedestal, one false move and crash, he falls.

So maybe he feels love is a gamble, some you win, some you lose and right now he's winning.

We are not together though and he never initiates contact, I do. Though that is sometimes how I feel about him, that he's in my life for a reason. And he's always really nice and carries on conversation when I do contact him. So having stated that, do you still stand by your meaning or is it subject to be tweaked a little bit?

WalesWoman

Starlight09 said:
We are not together though and he never initiates contact, I do. Though that is sometimes how I feel about him, that he's in my life for a reason. And he's always really nice and carries on conversation when I do contact him. So having stated that, do you still stand by your meaning or is it subject to be tweaked a little bit?
As luck would have it, you keep coming back, regularly. That's not to say he doesn't feel lucky when you do, but but Lady Luck keeps coming back to him. All he has to do is wait a bit and he won't have to do anything, just be the lucky recipient.

Would he ever contact you if you didn't? How long do you wait before you initiate contact again?

LovelyMissAries

WalesWoman said:
As luck would have it, you keep coming back, regularly. That's not to say he doesn't feel lucky when you do, but but Lady Luck keeps coming back to him. All he has to do is wait a bit and he won't have to do anything, just be the lucky recipient.

Would he ever contact you if you didn't? How long do you wait before you initiate contact again?

Mmm....would he ever contact me if I didn't....I HIGHLY doubt it. Not because he hates me or anything but I'm just not a top priority. Yes, that sounds like it sucks but we have different lives anyway so it's not a big deal. He's away in the Coast Guard in AK, whereas I'm in the bible belt just going to school. How long do I wait, I don't time them really I just text him randomly. So anywhere from two weeks to a month?