The World as destruction

Kimon

Hi,

recently I made a spread and there was the World as a main card, which I interpreted in the usual, positive way. After that my client told me that exactly at this topic there was a lot of destruction and his life was really falling into pieces. I realized that I always took the World in its upbuilding, finishing meaning, but never made the step forward into the following destruction of this perfect situation, to begin a new one.
Does anyone have similar experience with this card?

Greetings,
Kimon

MeeWah

Kimon: I had an unusual experience with The World during a general reading for a client. At the time, the client's husband was facing a paternity suit from a previous relationship, but I was not aware what query she had in mind & I did not ask--the idea was to see what she needed to know.
I do not recall the cards on either side of The World, but the card struck me as more like The Tower. It seemed to refer to information of a revelatory nature, such that could shatter her world & her life.
It led me to advise her to be prepared in case the court ruled in favor of the boy's mother. Subsequently, the court did rule in favor of the boy's mother; ordered the client's husband to immediately begin child support payments including the amount in arrears, which was a hefty sum! This imposed an extreme financial burden on the client & her husband; also caused a rift between them. Up until then, she had been supportive of her husband's denial of fathering a child (then several years old) apparently based on what she knew of her husband & his ex.

Kimon

Hello, :)

that is interesting. So maybe it is safer (in the sense of excluding exceptional meanings) to always put explaining cards aside the World when it is in a key position.

Thank you and greetings,
Kimon

destinyawaitsme

I never really see the World as a card with a destructive meaning. Rather, I see it as representing the end of a cycle. So the end of something not necessarily the destruction of it. see the difference?

Kimon

Hello,
yes, I get what you mean; but destruction isnt something negative in this way to me; it always implies reconstruction and new beginning. The end of a circle can be peaceful and flattering or not. Good or bad doesnt apply to these situations.
Anyway, try to explain this to a person that sits before you, drowning in its own fear and misery that the world seems to fall into pieces. I try that, but there is no way of getting around the negative side of it, which is subjective, but very true in that situation.

Greetings,
Kimon

Original Destiny

Hi

I have found that this card represents the completion of a major cycle.It is neither good or bad,it is both Zenith and Nadir
...completion...surrounding cards will clarify

MeeWah

Kimon: I see what you mean. It is as if the card is reversed though it is not in the strict sense of a reversal.
A while back on the previous forums, there was a discussion of 19-The Sun where I indicated I have read it as referring to depression (despite an upright position). There are occasions where it represents the condition of the querent, & it is "not sunny". It may point to a health issue; a need to lighten up or to seek help.
Feeling overwhelmed &/or helpless by whatever circumstance is daunting, even frightening for even the strongest person accustomed to a sense of control or competency. Counselling may be a route for your client as well as a support group, depending on the situation.