The World linked with 7 of Wands Reversed in Love

Galaxias

Okay, I was fine for the most part interpreting a reading, but this is the only part that has me stumped, since it seems to go either way.

I was first was first introduced to The World as purely good thing, like someone thinks the world of you, or you get to travel the world. Things have reached the end of the journey before it starts all over again with The Fool. On the flip side, it could mean that someone feels that the weight of the world is on their shoulders, a very heavy burden.

The 7 of Wands... I used Thirteen's interpretation. With The World, I'd believe it to indicate that someone can no longer bear the burdens, and so they fall and crumble underneath that weight.

If it helps, these two cards together held the position of "The Resolution" or "The Ending/Final Outcome."

Ilaris

I don`t read reversed cards, so I can't help with the 7 of wands, but I've been taught that the World can also mean feeling locked in, trapped... Does it make any sense to you?

Galaxias

Yes, it does, thank you. I remember people talking about that, as the being is enclosed inside the circle. I've only started recently reading reversals, and I don't read by elements personally- so I welcome any interpretation. If you weren't going to read this card in reverse, how would you interpret the two?

Ilaris

Mmm... remember I'm new with Tarot, but maybe the cards are saying that the person will end up fighting to have some space. Maybe he/she will feel trapped in the relationship and for some reason this person will feel like he /she has to deffend his possition.

Maybe the couple will split (reading the World as the end of a cycle) and they will both do their best at trying to continue with this decision (7 of wands) of not being together anymore.

Amanda

I think these cards might be speaking about the "common good" in the relationship, and how that may outweigh one person's desires/beliefs, so they give in to the common good (7 rx.) as a form of compromise.

starrystarrynight

My thought would be that the relationship comes full circle and ends because it can't stand up to the obstacles presented surrounding it. It more or less crumbles under the pressure of outside (and some internal) influences.

SunChariot

Okay, I was fine for the most part interpreting a reading, but this is the only part that has me stumped, since it seems to go either way.

I was first was first introduced to The World as purely good thing, like someone thinks the world of you, or you get to travel the world. Things have reached the end of the journey before it starts all over again with The Fool. On the flip side, it could mean that someone feels that the weight of the world is on their shoulders, a very heavy burden.

The 7 of Wands... I used Thirteen's interpretation. With The World, I'd believe it to indicate that someone can no longer bear the burdens, and so they fall and crumble underneath that weight.

If it helps, these two cards together held the position of "The Resolution" or "The Ending/Final Outcome."

It depends on how you use the cards for course. The cards will send you answers in the way you have chosen to use them.

I don't know if this will help or not, as my way is a big unique. But for me this would be a wonderful answer.

The World, for me, is what you said when you said that the person thinks the world of you. The World to me is the best experience of the situation possible. the height of it,the near perfect version of it. It would say that person thinks the world of you, sees you as the ideal partner, that youa re the person he could feel happiest with, you make them feel happier than they ahve ever felt...all that kind of thing....the best love experince they have ever had or coudl ever imagine.

The 7 of Wands (reversed), for me is having having hope and faith in what you can create together. Wands are about creating. A revesed 7 refers back to The Star for me. Long answer as you why, which has to do wtih my method of reversals (ask me later if you are curious, LOL)

But all in all to me the two cards togeter would would say that the other thinks the world or you and sees you as his idea partner, beleives that you two could share a near perfect relationship. And you are being told to have faith that you can in fact create that together, becuase it is in fact possible between you. To have faith that if you stay together you can and will create that. Likely this would put you two in the soul mate catefory.

That is just what it woudl mean though if I got those cards because of the way I read, but those cards were not mine and came up for someone whose meaings may have been different.

Babs

Galaxias

Aww, that was so lovely! But you do have a fair point, I'd need to consider how my cards communicate- if they'd meant to say that, they would have used The Star, and my usual positive interpretations would have felt "right." As it is, it felt "wrong" and I think they do mean something negative, along the lines of what previous posters have interpreted, I just didn't know how to articulate it.

Thanks everyone!

SunChariot

Aww, that was so lovely! But you do have a fair point, I'd need to consider how my cards communicate- if they'd meant to say that, they would have used The Star, and my usual positive interpretations would have felt "right." As it is, it felt "wrong" and I think they do mean something negative, along the lines of what previous posters have interpreted, I just didn't know how to articulate it.

Thanks everyone!

Exactly, for my cards to tell me what you saw, the weight of the world on someone's shoulders,....I would have gotten a different card to tell me that as the World does not have that meaning for me. They talk to us all differently. :grin:

Babs