Tidal wave - Hospital - Sex dream ??

Laura Borealis

I was in a town on an island that got cut off from the mainland when rich people withdrew the bridge from their side. There was a tidal wave approaching, and most of the island people were very poor. Those that survived were picking through the mud-covered ruins, looking for whatever they could find to help them rebuild. This part of the dream wasn't in linear time -- I saw the aftermath before I saw the actual wave.

I escaped the destruction of the wave by climbing to the top of an embankment where the bridge/highway had been. The people who climbed with me were college students, and they were looking for their professor, a wise older man, who had told them to meet him there. Then we saw the wave come in -- HUGE and blue and covering everything. It was surprisingly calm looking.

After that, I was in a different setting, like a posh doctor's office. The lost professor from the island had died. Rather, his body had died, but his personality had been saved and temporarily stored in another mind -- mine! I had both my own mind, and that of the professor, in my brain. But they soon extracted him into a donor body, that of a young woman. I don't remember this part clearly, but there was some procedure that had to be performed to do this.

The next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed. At first I wasn't sure where I was. But I was wearing a hospital gown, so I figured it out. I picked up some dirty dishes that had been left on my tray table and took them down the hall to a small kitchen. I heard a soft noise in another room, and looked in to see the young woman who was now the professor. She appeared to be asleep, and I stroked her hair, like you would your own child's. Then I became aware that she wasn't alone -- she had a lover under the blankets. I backed out, hoping they had not realized I was there. She was making snake noises as her lover moved under the blanket -- ssssssssss, ssssssssss, ssssssssss.

Then I woke, a second time, and for real.

Interpretation:
I tend to see the ocean or large bodies of water as symbols of the unconscious, or of emotional issues. Certainly I've had some strong emotions lately. My elderly father was very ill recently, possibly near death at one point. Though he is slowly recovering, there are still a lot of emotional issues there. In this dream, though I had foreseen destruction, when the wave came it appeared calm (while still covering/overwhelming the landscape).

I really don't know what to think of the professor character. He saved the students by telling them where to go; his personality was saved within me though his body died. A father symbol? If/when my father dies, I will still carry him on in me in some sense. But then, what to make of the young woman who received the professor-personality, and her secret lover under the blankets? And the snake noises? I almost don't want to know what that was all about.

Any thoughts?

celticnoodle

I was in a town on an island that got cut off from the mainland when rich people withdrew the bridge from their side. There was a tidal wave approaching, and most of the island people were very poor. Those that survived were picking through the mud-covered ruins, looking for whatever they could find to help them rebuild. This part of the dream wasn't in linear time -- I saw the aftermath before I saw the actual wave.

to dream of a tidal wave is generally an indication that there is something emotional for you that you feel the need to face and deal with so you can finally push it aside. Because you noted rich vs. poor people in this dream, I also wonder if the emotional issue you are dealing with have to do with two or more people, where a certain number are making the other feeling inferior? Maybe because you were on one side, but not actually in the tidal wave - that you feel caught up in this issue and not sure what to do about it.

I escaped the destruction of the wave by climbing to the top of an embankment where the bridge/highway had been. The people who climbed with me were college students, and they were looking for their professor, a wise older man, who had told them to meet him there. Then we saw the wave come in -- HUGE and blue and covering everything. It was surprisingly calm looking.

because you are climbing up to a safer spot, and with college students, I think you are searching for a way to deal with this issue in the proper way. perhaps you are hoping to understand the issue more fully, so you can deal with it properly. Blue is often a color for emotions but also a color of wisdom and loyalty.

After that, I was in a different setting, like a posh doctor's office. The lost professor from the island had died. Rather, his body had died, but his personality had been saved and temporarily stored in another mind -- mine! I had both my own mind, and that of the professor, in my brain. But they soon extracted him into a donor body, that of a young woman. I don't remember this part clearly, but there was some procedure that had to be performed to do this.

I wonder if perhaps you're coming to realize that in real life--the issue this dream could be about, you are realizing that you didn't know the full story and perhaps are just finding out everything involved. Are you seeing it in a totally new way perhaps?

The next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed. At first I wasn't sure where I was. But I was wearing a hospital gown, so I figured it out. I picked up some dirty dishes that had been left on my tray table and took them down the hall to a small kitchen. I heard a soft noise in another room, and looked in to see the young woman who was now the professor. She appeared to be asleep, and I stroked her hair, like you would your own child's. Then I became aware that she wasn't alone -- she had a lover under the blankets. I backed out, hoping they had not realized I was there. She was making snake noises as her lover moved under the blanket -- ssssssssss, ssssssssss, ssssssssss.

Then I woke, a second time, and for real.
I would say the walking up ot the hospital bed is you taking time to think it out completely and not jumping to conclusions. The dirty dishes would be you trying to clean everything up again or at least putting it into a place where they can be eventually taken care of. The lover of this woman hidden under the blankets can be that someone you are/were protecting is going to reveal something to you regarding this situation. do you feel someone is hiding some of the truth from you? the snake noise I can't even begin to figure out at this point.

[qutoe]
Interpretation:
I tend to see the ocean or large bodies of water as symbols of the unconscious, or of emotional issues. Certainly I've had some strong emotions lately. My elderly father was very ill recently, possibly near death at one point. Though he is slowly recovering, there are still a lot of emotional issues there. In this dream, though I had foreseen destruction, when the wave came it appeared calm (while still covering/overwhelming the landscape).

I really don't know what to think of the professor character. He saved the students by telling them where to go; his personality was saved within me though his body died. A father symbol? If/when my father dies, I will still carry him on in me in some sense. But then, what to make of the young woman who received the professor-personality, and her secret lover under the blankets? And the snake noises? I almost don't want to know what that was all about.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]ah, I was going along line by line and didn't get to your interpretation before I finished mine. Yes, I feel this is exactly why you dreamt the dream. Do you feel like your father or someone else is keeping something from you? Could the professor in your dream be either your elderly father or his doctor? if your father, you are hoping that he can come through and explain to you what happened? or if hte doctor, you are waiting for them to explain things to you? not sure what the 'things' they need to explain, but perhaps you know.

if it is as you feel, that if your father dies, a part of you will still carry him in you, then perhaps the younger woman is a child you may have--to further carry on your father through you. Not sure how old/young you are and if you will have children, but that could be an answer too. not sure then about the secret lover unless as a result of your possible having a child will come to reveal something that you did not know of your father.

I don't know if any of this makes sense to you, but I tried.

Laura Borealis

Thank you for the feedback, celticnoodle. :) Your comments made a lot of sense to me. I just wanted you to know that I'm working on a reply, but it's taking me awhile because I have to think about it (also because I have other things I'm doing). I'll post it later today, though.

Laura Borealis

First of all thank you very much for offering an interpretation -- I'm thinking putting "sex dream" in the title might have scared people off :laugh:

to dream of a tidal wave is generally an indication that there is something emotional for you that you feel the need to face and deal with so you can finally push it aside. Because you noted rich vs. poor people in this dream, I also wonder if the emotional issue you are dealing with have to do with two or more people, where a certain number are making the other feeling inferior? Maybe because you were on one side, but not actually in the tidal wave - that you feel caught up in this issue and not sure what to do about it.

Hmm. I didn't really think about the rich vs. poor people. Maybe I'm being too literal, but one of the concerns with my parents' situation is their insurance. It's paying for X number of days in rehab for Dad, and then it goes to 80/20 -- they have to pay 20%. They won't be able to do that for very long.

What you say about not being in the tidal wave, but to one side, makes sense in context. The financial issues (and the health issues too) don't affect me directly, but still do emotionally as I try to lend what support I can.

because you are climbing up to a safer spot, and with college students, I think you are searching for a way to deal with this issue in the proper way. perhaps you are hoping to understand the issue more fully, so you can deal with it properly. Blue is often a color for emotions but also a color of wisdom and loyalty.

*nods* Makes sense.

I wonder if perhaps you're coming to realize that in real life--the issue this dream could be about, you are realizing that you didn't know the full story and perhaps are just finding out everything involved. Are you seeing it in a totally new way perhaps?

I would say the walking up ot the hospital bed is you taking time to think it out completely and not jumping to conclusions. The dirty dishes would be you trying to clean everything up again or at least putting it into a place where they can be eventually taken care of. The lover of this woman hidden under the blankets can be that someone you are/were protecting is going to reveal something to you regarding this situation. do you feel someone is hiding some of the truth from you? the snake noise I can't even begin to figure out at this point.

Not hiding the truth, but... There were a lot of issues while Dad was in the hospital where we felt we weren't getting the full story. There were so many different doctors, and we seemed to be getting different information from each of them. There was nobody to put it all together for us. We just had the pieces and had to put them together ourselves. It was like a crossword puzzle where you put words in that fit, but you can't be sure you got the correct answers because you never get to see the solution. If that makes sense.

ah, I was going along line by line and didn't get to your interpretation before I finished mine. Yes, I feel this is exactly why you dreamt the dream. Do you feel like your father or someone else is keeping something from you? Could the professor in your dream be either your elderly father or his doctor? if your father, you are hoping that he can come through and explain to you what happened? or if hte doctor, you are waiting for them to explain things to you? not sure what the 'things' they need to explain, but perhaps you know.

I guess I feel like some of the unexplained things, I just have to let them go. To be more clear, there was a blood test that was positive for MRSA (antibiotic resistant strain of staph). The hospital made a huge deal out of it at first. Isolation procedures, extensive testing to find the "source" of it. They never seemed to find anything, though nobody was exactly clear about that. And from one nurse, and one doctor, I got a hint that they actually thought it was a compromised sample. Yet they couldn't be plain.

Then, once he got to the rehab facility, the MRSA diagnosis mysteriously vanished. Nobody was able to explain that either, as he was moved there on a Friday night and we had to wait till Monday to talk to someone in authority. I had to come back home (I was staying with my Mom through the hospital stay) and basically what I understand is that the rehab facility has made their own judgement that there was no staph. It's all very confusing. But I've had to let it go. Otherwise it will make me crazy, and at this point it doesn't seem to matter...

if it is as you feel, that if your father dies, a part of you will still carry him in you, then perhaps the younger woman is a child you may have--to further carry on your father through you. Not sure how old/young you are and if you will have children, but that could be an answer too. not sure then about the secret lover unless as a result of your possible having a child will come to reveal something that you did not know of your father.

I don't know if any of this makes sense to you, but I tried.

I don't have children (and won't, at my age) but I see what you mean. She could be a symbol for the future generations. My nieces and nephews, and their children, eventually. I kind of like that interpretation. :)

Still not sure about the secret lover and the snake noises... but maybe that was real life starting to bleed into my dream. Maybe one of the cats was crawling under the covers, purring; the hissing could have been my husband running the sink... Let's just go with that :p

Thanks again :)

celticnoodle

I'm glad it helped you out. What a frustrating thing to go through. I do kind of understand where you're coming from and anyone with elderly parents or loved ones that get hospitalized would too. Its a shame and I wish I knew who to tell you to go to for help with the payment of medical help when your parents get to the point that they cannot pay. It drives me crazy when we live in a country with so much and then the elderly people and our children and others go without proper care because of money. Something is very wrong w/that picture.

Especially where the MRSA is concerned too. I do know that it very possible to get this in hospitals and nursing or rehab places. That must have really scared all of you. It is such a big issue in today's world--though hospitals and rehabs and the nursing homes try to hide it as much as possible too.

I do hope all works out for your parents. Will keep them in my prayers too that it does. Good Luck there.