Time Tarot; a book on specifying event times

dadsnook2000

I've just acquired a book, Time Tarot, by Alarnah Tobin-Gray and Llyle Wentworth, published in 2002 in Australia by Simon & Schuster. Has anyone on this list read and applied the system promoted in this book? What has been your experience? For those who might be interested in suggesting the timing of events or outcomes in a tarot reading, this book assigns various time periods to each of the minor aracana cards and specific rules for their use. Some cards are linked to specific 10 to 12 day periods of the year, others to 30 day periods or 3 month periods of time, while some are associated with a floating period of time relative to the reading being given (within 5 days, within 3 weeks, within 10 weeks, in two years). The book also addresses several spreads -- one of which is a "Five Question" spread utilizing 15 cards. Differents paths and cards are used for each question. I have not run into this before in my brief tarot life and would be interested in hearing from any who have used this spread. Mostly I have one or two questions in mind for a reading but I can envision a series of questions that could be raised. Dave.

Minderwiz

This sounds just the thing I'm looking for - I find timing one of the main problems in my readings. I've tried various spreads that are time related, like the horoscope spread or the seven pointed star spread but not with all that much clear success - some patchy results.

I'll look out for this book and if I can get hold of it Ill let you know what I think in more detail.

dadsnook2000

Timing in a Tarot Spread.

The only Tarot Spread that I'm familiar with that has a specific "time" function other than the three-card spreads is the classic Celtic Cross (Just passing, likely to manifest -- the horizontal axis of the cross). The book authors give very specific examples and several "rules" to designate the timing card in a spread. And, again, they show a very interesting "five question spread" using 15 cards -- each question starts at a given point and follows a given path. I haven't run into a sequence of questions that would prompt the use of this spread but I can envision possibilities. Dave.

olivia1

Dave, Minderwize, and everyone else who owns this book....

Was this book as great as you had hoped? The review on Amazon makes it sound nothing short of amazing. The reviewer has been reading tarot for 35 years and praises it as "Absolutely my favorite Tarot book on the face of the planet."