Timing in the GT

NikkiB

Hi

I am about to tackle my first GT this weekend! I thought I would do it for the next four weeks so I can assess my interpretations etc as this is very much a learning exercise but I have a question about timing...

I understand that past is behind the key card and future is in front but where do I get more specific with it, ie, this is in two weeks time.. I am presuming that this is possible from positions in the GT rather than the cards themselves?

Can someone help please? thank you :)

lord_ewin

Past is to the left of the man or woman card... Future to the right.

It is a good idea to limit the spread to four week! Good idea there. The closer an event is to the subject, the quicker it will (or more recent it has) happened. You know automatically that the edge should be the 4 weeks or thereabouts, right? So, midway between the subject and the edge should be two weeks, etc. Look for fast acting cards... Which speeds things up, etc.

One thing you must know though is that even Mademoiselle Lenormand had problems with timing too! So don't worry about it too much! :) after a while you'll get an idea of how to better gauge things as events happen. A good idea is to refer to your GT over the weeks to see what has happened and where you are at..!

Good luck!
LE

NikkiB

Brillient thanks LE - thats kinda the way I was going to approach it but thought there may be something more technical that I didn't know about. I thought as I am starting from scratch really with this cards that monthly would be best so I could track how my interpretations were working out and if I go wrong try and and workout why I went wrong and if I get something right get some encouragement :)

OK I'm going to tackle this baby ! :D

Thanks again,
Nic

214red

welcome to the GT posse NikkiB!

NikkiB

Thanks 214Red- this may take some time lol!

214red

it takes us all time and this forum helped alot when i didnt have a clue, and sometimes when i still dont have a clue. we have a thread for our monthly GTs and we help eachother muddle through

NikkiB

it takes us all time and this forum helped alot when i didnt have a clue, and sometimes when i still dont have a clue. we have a thread for our monthly GTs and we help eachother muddle through

great :) once I have done my initial workings out I will post it up for some very welcome opinions! x