To arrange a Tarot café

Ligator

I intend to start a Tarot cafe in Sweden this fall. The aim is that we, to begin with, should meet once every month at the cellar to a pub where I know the owers.

Now I need to get advise on how to do it. And how all of you who are arranging simillar things have been doing it.

I want to keep the door open for all kind of people with psychic capabilities or interests in it. So that the café would encourage people that are not only interested in Tarot but in other areas of spirituality, and that is fed up with the fact that one only can join a group, order or organization here, and/or pay a lot of money, if one would like to talk with others about spirituality.

And with tarot... There are only courses, and the internet, and no other way to broaden your network of contacts and get insights.

From similar atempts I have heard that the greatest dangers to such a café is:

* That the sects and the weirdos try to take over it (by talking about the latest UFO-conspiracy involving Kissinger, Geoge Bush, Madonna and god knows whom...).
* That the formalists insist that one has to join their temple-of-double-knights-OTO-rosecroix-hallalujah-order in order to know how things really should be...
* And that those who lead the event fail to make the new people feel comfortable when the arrive (making sure that the do not sit alone), and that they fail by putting themselves first.

Give me input. How does your café work? How does other psychic cafés of that kind work? How did you start it?

/Torbjörn

(Thread moved from meetings, on recommendations by Alta)

Promise

Well...I am confused, first of all.

Are you targeting Tarot readers and enthusiasts or psychics? You don't have to be psychic to read cards, nor do you have to read cards to be psychic, so when you muddle the two together like that, you're going to get two different groups of people with two different intents there to do two different things. So my first suggestion would be to not call it "psychic" in any way; "intuitive" would be a better phrase, but personally, I wouldn't even go there. I think "psychic" is going to attract crazies and critics faster than it would attract positive attention. Just from what I've seen around here, anyway....

Ligator

Well...

I am also a bit afriad about that too. That such a cafe could attract weirdos... But I still want to create such a "café"one way or the other. And the best would be to create an atmosphere were diferent kinds of peo´ple can meet and exchange ideas and experiences, from different fields...

But to keep the weirdos away I think I have to choose some subjects, like tarot, that should be the focus for the café.

If we focus on tarot I still think that both people that call it psychic and that call it intuitive or even that call the use of tarot psychological, have something in common and should be able to learn from one another.

/T