Too Much Amethyst?

WhiteRaven

3 years ago I went to the mine in Ontario and had a feast of picking raw Amethyst. I have many pieces, some still outside on my window sill, some in the house. Is there such a thing as having too much Amethyst? And if there is..what would that do to the energy in the house and of the person living in the house....actually it's an apartment...very small one at that.

Sulis

Nah, I don't think you can have too much Amethyst. Amethyst gives out such lovely, calming energy; I would think that filling your home with it can only be a good thing (especially if you have headaches or trouble sleeping :))

Love

sulis xx

DollieAnna

I was once told that amethyst can fade if left out in the sun often.
However, I don't think there is a problem having alot of amethyst.

WhiteRaven

adam_atom said:
I was once told that amethyst can fade if left out in the sun often.
However, I don't think there is a problem having alot of amethyst.

Well they have been there (seven pieces) for almost 1.5 yrs and they get the sun and the moon and they haven't faded...
Whom ever told you that was mistaken. I found them in a pile at the mine in full sunlight. They were hopping with energy and still are.

To recharge any stone/gem you are to put it either in the sun or the new/full moon.

WhiteRaven

Sulis said:
Nah, I don't think you can have too much Amethyst. Amethyst gives out such lovely, calming energy; I would think that filling your home with it can only be a good thing (especially if you have headaches or trouble sleeping :))

Love

sulis xx

I was just curious. I didn't think there could be anything bad about it, but I just wanted to make sure. The ones outside sit on a window sill right above my bed. With the combination of that and my Herkimer Diamonds it has quite the affect on the sleeptime. :)

Thanks

DollieAnna

just trying to help

WhiteRaven said:
Well they have been there (seven pieces) for almost 1.5 yrs and they get the sun and the moon and they haven't faded...
Whom ever told you that was mistaken. I found them in a pile at the mine in full sunlight. They were hopping with energy and still are.

To recharge any stone/gem you are to put it either in the sun or the new/full moon.

I didn't say they would, I said they could.
Here's where I got the info....

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=82894#post82894

WhiteRaven

adam_atom said:
I didn't say they would, I said they could.
Here's where I got the info....

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=82894#post82894

Here's that lack of tone and expression...please don't think I'm trying to be snotty although if you look at the post it sounds like it...it's the farthest from the truth.

I just have never heard of such a thing before and it surprised me. I still don't see how that would damage any stones energy level....I've heard of some stones that are rather soft and to cleanse them you shouldn't use salt water because it would be too harsh and damage the physical part of it. But never heard of the sun being damaging...

Thanks for the link...I have to try again later because it froze my IE when I went to check it out. lol

DeLani

From experience...

I suppose not all amethysts will fade...but I (and my mother) have had several pieces fade from leaving them out on a windowsill (till we learned better). They begin to turn into this washed-out lavender color. Bleh. :(

WhiteRaven

Just an interesting tidbit that I learnt at the mine in Ontario

The darker the Amethyst the more iron it carries and the older it is...