Touched by a Horse Oracle Deck

Kyrielle

These are beautiful! I find them much along the line of Doreen Virtue's decks (Healing With the Angels, Healing With the Fairies, Magical Mermaids and Dolphins, etc.) in flavor. The meaning is printed on the back of the card rather than in an LWB or guide.

There aren't that many samples in the picture, but I have been through the deck in person and the cards are all great. It's a bit expensive ($40 US for the deck only) but if you really are into horses or art decks it is worth considering.

http://www.magicalomaha.com/touchedbyahorsedeck.htm

Kyrielle

Owlface

horse deck

Thank you, Kyrielle, for telling us about this.. I must say that some of the cards you mention just don't appeal to me, but I find horses so beautiful, and I'm delighted to find them as the main focus to a deck. :)

I ordered my copy today.

love

rosyelf

Owlface

horse oracle

I received my deck today.

First impressions :

Nice large cards, well-coloured and dramatic, capturing the beauty and the energy of horses. The deck creators have worked with horses all their lives, and their love and respect for them shines through.

Some interesting twists. The cards entitled "Uniqueness" and "Originality" depict horses-that-are-not-quite-horses: zebras.

This is not a divination deck but a deck for meditation and personal development.It's encouraging but not in a bland fluffy-bunny kind of way.

This could be a really wonderful gift for that horse-lover in your life.

The deck isn't tied up with a specific spiritual tradition, so it could get a really wide audience.

I can see myself using this deck a lot, both for myself and with others.

love and blessings,

rosyelf

Chronata

They are beautiful cards!

Thanks for the link, Kyrielle!

The name however...there is something unintentially unfortunate about the name...or maybe it's just that my mind is always in the gutter! LOL!

Owlface

name of deck

I agree, chronata, that the title is a bit. . .unfortunate. In one way it's a pity that we live in a culture so sexualized that we see innuendo where none is intended. But, given that this is so, I'd rather just call this The Horse Oracle. Short, and to the point.

love

rosyelf

Cindy_Odo

Kyrielle said:
These are beautiful! I find them much along the line of Doreen Virtue's decks (Healing With the Angels, Healing With the Fairies, Magical Mermaids and Dolphins, etc.) in flavor. The meaning is printed on the back of the card rather than in an LWB or guide.

There aren't that many samples in the picture, but I have been through the deck in person and the cards are all great. It's a bit expensive ($40 US for the deck only) but if you really are into horses or art decks it is worth considering.

http://www.magicalomaha.com/touchedbyahorsedeck.htm

Kyrielle
Hi, I own the website you quoted. I sell many decks each week of this beautiful deck- this does not include website orders. It amazes me the draw these cards have. I think that I sell more of these than any deck yet! Fabulous Deck!!!!

Simone

LOL, I came here because I saw the title... in the main page, it indicated that the latest post on a thread thread was on "Touched by a Horse"...

Actually, I like the title because I have been touched by horses lately. I had never been in contact with them, but the experience I made by agreeing to take care of one in her owner's absence (notice I use "her" instead if "it" ;) :D ) has opened my eyes to a world of truly wonderful creatures.

I am not the one to work a lot with oracles (I have some, but they hibernate unused in my store cabinet), but I know a young girl who certainly would enjoy those cards!

Cindy_Odo, you being the owner of that site - do you know if I can get hold of that deck somewhere else? I do not have a credit card (by my own choice, there's a long story of ex-hubby abusing my credit line), so I cannot order online for the moment....

Love
Simone

Cindy_Odo

horses and Doreen Virtue

I can accept checks or money orders, no problem. I am going to carry some of her greeting cards soon as this deck has been so well received.
Just a little aside, whenever we buy from the company it shows on on bank account summary as "touchedbyahor". It makes our prim little accountant giggle every time!

Also, I have met Doreen Virtue a couple of times and she is every bit as nice as you would hope she is. She makes everyone feel that they are the most important person in the world. She is also absolutely beautiful to look at with long blonde hair, she looks angelic! I like carrying her books and cards in my store because she really does practice what she preaches!!!