Triad Spread for Polyamorous Relationships

Tarot Orat

This spread is designed for a polyamorous relationship between three people - it's not an "other woman/man" or "cheating" scenario. All three people are open about and aware of everyone's relationships.

It can be used for both a V-triad (A is intimate with B and C, but B and C are not intimate with each other) and a closed triad (A, B, and C are all intimate with each other).

The Triad Spread

1 - Partner A (the querant or main subject of the reading)
2 - Partner B
3 - Partner C
4 - Relationship between A and B
5 - Relationship between A and C
6 - Relationship between B and C
7 - The relationship as a whole: how all 3 people relate together

Stormdancer

This spread is designed for a polyamorous relationship between three people - it's not an "other woman/man" or "cheating" scenario. All three people are open about and aware of everyone's relationships.

It can be used for both a V-triad (A is intimate with B and C, but B and C are not intimate with each other) and a closed triad (A, B, and C are all intimate with each other).

The Triad Spread

1 - Partner A (the querant or main subject of the reading)
2 - Partner B
3 - Partner C
4 - Relationship between A and B
5 - Relationship between A and C
6 - Relationship between B and C
7 - The relationship as a whole: how all 3 people relate together

As you well know, I'm NOT "polyamorous"....more..."UN-amorous", LOL, but I like the way you've laid these all out. Have you used it? Has it worked for you? How about for others you know?

Tarot Orat

As you well know, I'm NOT "polyamorous"....more..."UN-amorous", LOL, but I like the way you've laid these all out. Have you used it? Has it worked for you? How about for others you know?

I've done it twice with myself as "A" for my husband and my boyfriend, and once with my husband as "A" for me and his girlfriend. All three times the results were very interesting and accurate. I actually find that looking at the 7th card in this reading helps me understand what's going on in "the whole relationship" of all 3 people (the 4th relationship in the triad) better than just thinking about it without the lens of Tarot.

I know a few other people in triads who would probably be happy to have a Tarot reading done...I may bring my cards to the next event and ask if they'd like to try it. I'm definitely interested in seeing how it works for other people.

emmsma

Think I might truncate this spread to read on myself and my hubby:

1. Partner A (the querant or main subject of the reading)
2. Partner B
3. Relationship between A and B
4. The relationship as a whole

Looks like a good one! Thanks for the idea. :)
(Hope thats ok.)

Tarot Orat

Think I might truncate this spread to read on myself and my hubby:

1. Partner A (the querant or main subject of the reading)
2. Partner B
3. Relationship between A and B
4. The relationship as a whole

Looks like a good one! Thanks for the idea. :)
(Hope thats ok.)

Abolutely okay :) I'd be interested to hear how your version works, too.

poeticfool

I've tried this spread twice for my own relationships and love it! I found the cards in positions 4, 5, and 6 to be very accurate, and card 7 is helpful for getting a wider perspective. I might try adapting this for a foursome.. Thanks for sharing!

Tarot Orat

I've tried this spread twice for my own relationships and love it! I found the cards in positions 4, 5, and 6 to be very accurate, and card 7 is helpful for getting a wider perspective. I might try adapting this for a foursome.. Thanks for sharing!

I'm really glad it's reading well for you!

I've tried coming up with a quad spread, but I keep running out of places to put all the cards. I'd love to see what you come up with :)