Trouble shuffling

liveinpeace

Hi everyone:) Hope this is where this post goes. My question is: does anyone else have a hard time shuffling the decks? These cards are larger than regular playing cards and they are difficult for me to handle (I have small hands). Any suggestions?

x_shadow_xx

I had difficulty at first, but you get used to it, regular sized playing cards seem strange and small for me now!

Maybe swirling them on the table would be easiest?

rwcarter

Welcome at AT liveinpeace.

There are lots of existing threads on the topic of shuffling. Instead of holding the cards at the top and bottom to shuffle, you can try holding them by their sides. Or you can do the mix them up on the table thing. You can randomly deal the cards into X number of piles and then rejoin the piles. You can also hold the deck in one hand and with the thumb of your other hand you can pull a couple of cards off the top of the deck, then grab a couple off the bottom of the deck (placing those on top of what's already in that hand) and continue until all the cards end up in your other hand.

There are almost as many ways to shuffle as there are people on this forum....

HTH,
Rodney

staticfuzz

I have rather small hands as well, and it was hard at first, but... practice practice practice.

Now it's only larger decks like Nigel Jackson that I still have problems with. So usually I separate it into smaller piles. Or you can just loose shuffle.

There are also decks you can get that are "regular" sized, like Whispering Tarot, or Gummi Bear, or one of the "mini" editions of RWS...

Emily

I have small hands too and when I bought a large deck I couldn't shuffle normally, I learnt how to do the top over top shuffle - it takes a little getting used to and I dropped many decks before I got the hang of it but its the only way I shuffle now and I haven't come across a deck I couldn't shuffle. :)

Redstar

I have a few decks and one of them is larger than a standard playing card deck, so I know what you mean. No great suggestions, but I do kinda feel as though that one never gets shuffled quite as well. :)

firefrost

I shuffle my Druidcraft lengthways. No amount of trying ever stretched my hands, as it has for some.

I'm just pleased my Victorian Romantic is bendy!

liveinpeace

Thanks everybody. I guess I thought there were "rules" when shuffling tarot cards, but the more I read the threads and learn about tarot I guess it's whatever works for you. I'm glad tarot is so "flexible". LOL

Happy shuffling :)

AJ

welcome to AT liveinpeace. You can also trim the borders off your decks which brings most of them down to shuffle comfortably size.