US Games/Stuart Kaplan

greatdane

OK, this guy rules. After having a bad experience with Amazon (BOX smashed and paper pulling from cardboard) receiving a US GAMES set (the Pamela Coleman), I asked US Games if I could buy just a box for the set. Mr. Kaplan personally emailed me back immediately and the next day, TODAY, I have a lovely box he had overnighted. And I didn't even buy from US Games.

I shall now buy any US Games decks directly from US Games rather than Amazon. Customer Service, particularly this hands on by the owner, means a lot more to me than the couple bucks saved using Amazon (who has stated if it's just the packaging (as in whatever houses our decks that's damaged,the best they will do is refund, if it is returned, they will not replace).

So, Stuart Kaplan, THANK YOU! And your company does a GREAT job at customer service.

GreatDane

Cassandra022

Wow, that is some really impressive customer service :0

Awesome that you got a nice pristine box now :]

greatdane

Thanks Cassandra!

Service like that means more to me than a couple bucks and while I loved US GAMES decks before, this made me appreciate them even more. It is RARE that a president of a company will get this hands-on and so fast. I'm beyond a loyal customer now!

GD

NikkiB

I agree, I had the LWB missing from a deck and they sent it straight out to me - excellent service to say the least!

rwcarter

GD, verify that the PKT in your set actually has a write-up on The World. It was missing from the book in the original set. Since you bought it from Amazon, it might be newer stock, but it might not be.

I wrote to USG to find out if there was an errata that I could print out and put with my book, and Mr. Kaplan responded to me personally that the book was being reprinted and he arranged for me to get a replacement book at no charge.

Most folks don't realize that the page on the World is missing cause most of us never bothered to look through the book, having read some iteration of the PKT at some point or another. It was our own Cerulean who announced the discovery here at Aeclectic.

Rodney

greatdane

Thank you, Rodney!

I wouldn't have thought to check, but YES, it's there! There is a lovely write up about the World in the PK to the Tarot. But thank you for mentioning and I'm thrilled to say it's in mine!

Aerin

Bad from amazon though. I have to say that amazon uk have replaced things which have arrived damaged, including when it is the box.

greatdane

Hi Aerin!

I was surprised as well. Their reasoning (AMAZON.COM) was that while they would refund if I SENT IT BACK OF COURSE (what a pain), that they wouldn't replace the box (that's ALL I wanted, was for them to get another box and carefully ship to me) because the same thing could happen and the box would still be damaged. That unless the CONTENTS are unusable, they don't replace. They don't get to us, the BOX IS PART OF THE CONTENTS! Particularly a box housing a deck like the Pamela. But lesson learned. I will know spend the little extra and buy any US GAMES decks directly from them. Mr. Kaplan went sooo above and beyond even sending it next day air. I'm loyal to those who give customer service like that. I care about getting a good deal on a deck like everyone, but I also care how my complaints are viewed and Amazon fell short.